Coming home from lamping thursday night there was a dead badger at the side of the road ,passed it yesterday only the rib cage is left what eats that much in one day and what eats a badger ?.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a "normal" person would be ok dotty but a working dog owner/hunter type would be f****d!!!!!

kestral :D

Perhap's foxes ive seen them eat alsorts of road kill badger's and deer included and i know if a fox cant pick something up and take it away to eat it they will keep taking pieces and stash it in plac

Posted Images

iv seen a roadkill badger being ate by another badger, an i have even found dead badger parts in the kick out outside setts, to date i have found 3 baby brock sculls just the skulls, an 1 adult brock skull??? do yous think they die underground an the rest of them leave them to fully decompose before draggin the skeleton out :hmm:or do your think an adut has culled the cubs?? i have showed a few diffrent folk from this site the skulls, i even give a couple away, does anybody know the law regarding the taking of roadkill badgers or skulls or any other part that has been found????

i have heard a few diffrent storys :hmm:

Edited by reddawn

iv seen a roadkill badger being ate by another badger, an i have even found dead badger parts in the kick out outside setts, to date i have found 3 baby brock sculls just the skulls, an 1 adult brock skull??? do yous think they die underground an the rest of them leave them to fully decompose before draggin the skeleton out :hmm:or do your think an adut has culled the cubs?? i have showed a few diffrent folk from this site the skulls, i even give a couple away, does anybody know the law regarding the taking of roadkill badgers or skulls or any other part that has been found????

a "normal" person would be ok dotty but a working dog owner/hunter type would be f****d!!!!!

• Like 3

Perhap's foxes ive seen them eat alsorts of road kill badger's and deer included and i know if a fox cant pick something up and take it away to eat it they will keep taking pieces and stash it in places and keep coming back

• Like 2

Section 1(3)and (4) of the 1992 Protection of Badgers Act

(3)

A person is guilty of an offence if, except as permitted by or under this Act, he has in his possession or under his control any dead badger or any part of, or anything derived from, a dead badger.

(4)

A person is not guilty of an offence under subsection (3) above if he shows that—

(a)

the badger had not been killed, or had been killed otherwise than in contravention of the provisions of this Act or of the M1Badgers Act 1973; or

(

B)

the badger or other thing in his possession or control had been sold (whether to him or any other person) and, at the time of the purchase, the purchaser had had no reason to believe that the badger had been killed in contravention of any of those provisions.

If you want to keep the skulls I would recommend you register them as from an RTA/natural causes death with your local Badger Group and Wildlife Crimes Police Officer. My interpretation of this act is that the onus is on you to prove that the badger has not been killed illegally.

If anyone is interested the whole Act can be viewed here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/51/contents

• Like 1

cheers for that mate, i think ill gee the last skull away, fook having to prove i found it outside an earth, more hassle than its worth to keep, an for the record, an all the tree hugging guests out there reading this way sweaty palms an a stiffy, the ones i give away were just that, given away an not sold lol

:thumbs:

Think you'd better...especially the one with the teeth marks, f**k trying to explain that............. :whistling::D

Perhap's foxes ive seen them eat alsorts of road kill badger's and deer included and i know if a fox cant pick something up and take it away to eat it they will keep taking pieces and stash it in places and keep coming back

Yes especially when cubs are around.Funny how they never seem to take dead rats though,even in places were live rats would be a big part of there diet.I suppose they only need to eat one poisoned one to learn that.