I have a young lurcher 10 months old and he randomly whines for unknown reasons when sat in his crate, I put it down to being a lurcher. But today the whine was more of a cry so I called him over to me and it seems as if he struggled to get up and was painful to walk it seems as if it's his back legs Or hips so I have an appointment at the vets but in the mean time does anyone have anyideas could it be cramp or something similar?

Edited by hellyer189

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your vet is not running dog savvy you may be wasting your time. If i were you I'd get him to a bone man, thread here to find one in your area....   http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/229

Is he getting cramped in the crate or is he free to get in and out of it?

Learn to read will you mate! And while your there grab a dictionary. He's not kept in there all day every day he's free to go in and out, and iv seen people keep 2 dogs in a crate the same size as the

Posted Images

I have a young lurcher 10 months old and he randomly whines for unknown reasons when sat in his crate, I put it down to being a lurcher. But today the whine was more of a cry so I called him over to me and it seems as if he struggled to get up and was painful to walk it seems as if it's his back legs Or hips so I have an appointment at the vets but in the mean time does anyone have anyideas could it be cramp or something similar?

how long does he spend in the crate bud, have seen dogs in difficulty before after long spells in crates but with no long lasting effects,

how long does he spend in the crate bud, have seen dogs in difficulty before after long spells in crates but with no long lasting effects,

He's out most of the day to roam, it was about half hour after his walk but wasn't strenuous in anyway.

whats in the breeding?have you done much with him whewn did it start hapening??????

are u lamping him out of season as the ground is very hard in places.

No mate not done much with him, plus we've had alot of rain down here do ground is moist. His breeding has alot of saluki, collie, grey, bit of deerhound and a smidge of whippet

what do you exspect.you cany keep lurchers in crates n not have proplems try lying in one yersel n go n carry a hud the next day.nuff said.

Learn to read will you mate! And while your there grab a dictionary. He's not kept in there all day every day he's free to go in and out, and iv seen people keep 2 dogs in a crate the same size as the one he gets to himself without issues. So that says to me my old chap you talk bollocks

• Like 1

Def not cramp Hellyer. Lock him in his cage for a while. When he gets out he will probably stretch, observe the stretch and it may give you an indication of where the problem lies...ie, he doesn't not go down very far on the front or will only stretch one back leg fully out.

Any greyhound tracks near you, if so ask there. If not found this guy for you...

http://www.honitonosteopaths.co.uk/index.php?id=16