When is the right time to train a lurcher on bunnies ??

do you drive get your self to me going out with my lab and bitch in a bit give your pup a few rabbits do it good mate

i dont drive mate no not yet anyways where abouts are you in manchester ?? pm me and il get back to you when i get a chance to get on here again cheers for the offer mate

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please for the love of god Do not listen to this fooking idiot..

Me personaly i would want my pup's retrieving/recall an most important of all the stock breaking sorted out long before the pup ever get's entered on a rabbit..they all grow a differant rate's an the

You really are a clown!!!

9 months old get him a couple droppers :thumbs:

sure baw.. the dogs most likely reachede its height, finding its legs, and a dropper is nice and easy giving it alot of confidence.

The lad is more than a clown he is always on fb chewing on to lads saying he will match them but in the end his arse falls out. He is a very disliked person anyone who has spoken to him has nothing but bad words to say about him. Hes an oxegen thief

I don't care if he is loved or hated by all, he is a clown for telling someone to perform an illegal act on an open forum. As for the guy with the 9 month dog, what I'm going to say might meet disapproval but your dog has reached a good age at a good time of year. I don't condone summer hunting but there is nothing better for bringing on a pup. The summer brings the rabbits out, young nieve ones sitting well out. Pick easy chases for your dog but don't allow your dog to watch too many run away without getting to chase, this can lead to the dog yapping. Ferreting isn't ideal in summer cos of squeakers and it tends to lead to kills inside burrows plus the cover is a right pain in the arse. I don't know what your grounds like but you should know areas of cover such as long grass which hold rabbits a good distance from escape routes. Walk the dog round these. As others state make sure his recall etc is bang on before you worry about rabbits, you have plenty of time to enter him. Avoid the following pitfalls and you'll be fine:- don't give him rabbits which he won't catch, too many of these causes frustration and leads to yapping. Don't run rabbits near fences where the dog will learn to just give up if a rabbit goes near a fence. Just make it as easy and enjoyable as possible. I generally enter mine to rabbits through ferreting but as I said, bit harder in the summer but you always have burrows which are well out and free of cover. Enjoy your pup mate, your in for a rollercoaster ride lol :D

• Like 2
Guest FTBBTH

9 months old get him a couple droppers :thumbs:

sure baw.. the dogs most likely reachede its height, finding its legs, and a dropper is nice and easy giving it alot of confidence.

The lad is more than a clown he is always on fb chewing on to lads saying he will match them but in the end his arse falls out. He is a very disliked person anyone who has spoken to him has nothing but bad words to say about him. Hes an oxegen thief

do you really want me to picture all of these ' match drop outs' in my inboxes and post them on here? im pretty sure it would turn some heads..... and by the way im a clown, but i know the difference between a lurcher and a manchester terrier :laugh: