Pics of Whippet & Pups

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of the dogs, the pups are Border Collie/ Whippet first cross:          

The old fella     Father & Son     The pics were taken two months ago when the dog pup was five months old.

Alright mate, the sire is a border collie which I have owned since he was 8weeks old, & mum a whippet, my collie stands at 20" tts, and currently weighs around 22kgs but thats because he's now alm

Hello mate, like the dogs, and have a few questions.

The pups look quite light and racy, which was round was the breeding done?

What kind of height / weight was the collie, and the whippet used?

What kind of heights (and ages) and the pups, and what height are you hoping they will make?

Is the this end point or are you planning to cross back to a whippet or something?

How much speed loss is there next to the pure whip and what other differences do you notice and hope for?

The reason i ask is a mate and i have discussed this x at length for the future.

Hello mate, like the dogs, and have a few questions.

The pups look quite light and racy, which was round was the breeding done?

What kind of height / weight was the collie, and the whippet used?

What kind of heights (and ages) and the pups, and what height are you hoping they will make?

Is the this end point or are you planning to cross back to a whippet or something?

How much speed loss is there next to the pure whip and what other differences do you notice and hope for?

The reason i ask is a mate and i have discussed this x at length for the future.

Alright mate, the sire is a border collie which I have owned since he was 8weeks old, & mum a whippet, my collie stands at 20" tts, and currently weighs around 22kgs but thats because he's now almost 14yr old but he was much lighter in his better days and was my marking dog for many years and his intelligence was & still is remarkable. He came from a litter of small collies that were bread small for many generations, he was the biggest in the litter. The whippet stands at 18" tts & weighs 14.5 kg. The pups are a few days short of 7months old, the mostly white bitch pup currently stands at 17" tts and is just over 10kg.......the bitch with the white head stands at 17.5" & weighs 10.7kg. The dog pup thats sitting in the pic he stands at 17.5" tts & is 12.7kg. If the bitches make 18" I'll be happy with that as there mum stands at 18". Not much speed loss between the wee bitches & mum, they can keep really tight to her, the dog pup is the slowest between them but not by much really and is much stronger and hardy and I would have to say that all pups are already that bit more smarter than mum. That would be the most standing point about these pups because of the brains the dad has passed on, they watch and observe everything and are very keen to learn at all times.

Dont know about future breeding plans for the pup yet, just taking each day as it comes and hopefully see what they are made of once the season gets started, if one makes it as a good grafter, a few years down the line I would consider using for breeding but would deffo use a whippet or small whippet cross. Im only interested in hunting rabbits, dont see the point in feeding a big mouth when a smaller one does it's intended job just as well.

Hope I was able to help you somewhat :victory:

• Like 1