what happend to the running dog thread

what about if you narrowed it down to lads with so many say 150 posts and to lads who have posted threads in the working terrier/lurcher section were they have been checked by a mod and also be a donator surley this whuld cut the shit right out and also improve your chances of getting a better dog when buying thats come from real working lads who we all no because we have read his previous threads and seen pics of his dogs in the working terrier/lurcher section then you whuld be doing a big part in helping to keep the standard of dogs sold on this site high .....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll be honesty with you son, If it took you to buying 4 dogs off the Internet before you realized folk talk shit, you seriously must be a clown and can't tell anyone how to run a site.

??????? were did it go

it was about the ammount of running dogs and running dog litters for sale in the working dog section 48 or 50 adverts on the last 8 pages just wonders what evryone thought about it ...... think its

Dogs need to be sold, newcomers need an avenue to buy dogs. The forum would be lessened if you removed the for sale page. I've personally never been on it in all the years I've been on here, I've no need to but others do.

Dogs need to be sold, newcomers need an avenue to buy dogs. The forum would be lessened if you removed the for sale page. I've personally never been on it in all the years I've been on here, I've no need to but others do.

Amen..

I don't look on it because I don't want to buy a dog, quite simple really...

If I bred a litter of dogs, or a friend did... working dogs we are talking, and I wanted to sell them, fair enough, I'd want to sell them to others intrested in hunting, or people new to hunting, if no one sold a terrier or lurcher and it was the old shaking of hands club, where would that leave the interest in working terriers/lurchers/gundogs for people in the sport and new to it..??? Who aren't in some daft pat on back club.??

If I had a chip on my soldier and thought my dogs should only be given to people because selling a dog is taboo OR I created some stupid ass name for a dog and made out it was worth £5000 ... Then I'd have to give my head a good shake and think about whats important in life, maybe I long to be in the shaky hand club or maybe I'm that sad I've got nothing better to actually think about...

End of the day is someones got a good working line,strain whatever of dogs and wants to keep it alive and in working hands..do whatevers best for yourself..Keep it tight..

But on the other hand...

What about the others in the sport who want working dogs, if no one sold and only passed to close friends where would hunting dogs be now and fieldsports on the whole?

Where not talking of people breeding and breeding like peddlars... were talking people selling a litter or few pups from there own working dogs...

Can anyone else see my point or am I too open eyed and not blinkered enough..

I'll be honesty with you son, If it took you to buying 4 dogs off the Internet before you realized folk talk shit, you seriously must be a clown and can't tell anyone how to run a site.

• Like 2

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: funny but true Baw.. :yes: Edited by Millet
Guest bullterrier

Baw if you never been on the working dog for sale thread u don't no wat am talkin about and ian b. [bANNED TEXT] full of shit rkid [bANNED TEXT] long winded script pointed out nuffing. Were talking about the 48-50 lurchers and lurcher litter adverts in the last 8 pages of the section lads get destroyed of good members on ther regularley for tryin to sell shite a lad had sold 6 of 7 dogs in the last year or so this place is full of dicks selling dogs for a living its easy to tell yano just look at the amount of working dog adverts and compare them to the dogs for sale adverts no ones talkin secret hand shake clubs were talkin pay a fiver make up a fancy name and sell a wanker or a litter of un worked dogs to some un suspecting noob who is new to hunting. Trust me I've bin had like this on this site beofre this is why I feel this way 4 dogs bought of the net 3 dogs in my mums back yard castrated coz I aint got the balls to kill em I think yous need the fiver of them my self so in turn condone the peadaling of dogs on [bANNED TEXT] site hence why the originol thread was deleted before anyone culd read it never mind the site suffering if you deleted it the economy whuld fall lol

yet yesterday you said on the trust thread that you have been happy with everything that you have bought from this site so which is it on nearly evey topic i look on your moaning or slagging someone off at the end of the day its ians site alot of people even your mate who bought a terrier on here are happy with the dogs they have gotten off this site you will always get a chancer trying to sell crap if you think someone is a peddler use your report button and stop moaning :thumbs: john

Lol am not tellin anyone how to run a site was askin what other lads thought and expressing my opinion and ye I bought 4 dogs of the net because I dident no anyone who hunted and I mean anyone and I had not a inch of permission and I wanted to hunt badley I new this was what I wanted to do and as you all no its a hard sport to get a start it when you got no one to vouch for you I wasted a few years with them pot lickers but they taught me a lot I now have a small job working for the guns in season and get paid for it and I have 3 decent dogs wat make me happy and keep my petrol tank full in season I dident mean to offend any of you by what I say just trying to keep lads wasting 2 years on each dog like I did coz no one can tell if ye dogs a jacker or a waste of food untill the time comes and it jacks or won't go to ground after you put your work and time into it.

If you bought 4 rusting heaps of junk via the auto trader would you phone the editor and demand he close the magazine? Or would you think "perhaps the wool is being pulled over my eyes" and take stock of your situation?

Simmo u can tell a car by looking and hearing the engine run u can't compare that to a dog mate fact.. Or can you and I never bought 4 dogs of this site just 2. 1 good up to now of goldfinch 1 very bad of a lad can't remember his username was a ages ago of a freinds account the other 2 were from other internet sources this is getting of the point what my originol post any way ther 50 running dog adverts in the last 8 pages just think its a lot of dogs and litters for sale and the site is used for personal gain more than the preserving the standard of dogs sold on the site .... I think I am right in how I am thinking anyway and have learned my lesson and don't have to buy dogs off the net any more but still feel for the young ones who starting out in the same postition I was in. Simoman you said on a previous thread u think it shuld be deleted

Simmo u can tell a car by looking and hearing the engine run u can't compare that to a dog mate fact.. Or can you and I never bought 4 dogs of this site just 2. 1 good up to now of goldfinch 1 very bad of a lad can't remember his username was a ages ago of a freinds account the other 2 were from other internet sources this is getting of the point what my originol post any way ther 50 running dog adverts in the last 8 pages just think its a lot of dogs and litters for sale and the site is used for personal gain more than the preserving the standard of dogs sold on the site .... I think I am right in how I am thinking anyway and have learned my lesson and don't have to buy dogs off the net any more but still feel for the young ones who starting out in the same postition I was in. Simoman you said on a previous thread u think it shuld be deleted

IF i were to buy an adult, if it was via the internet, a magazine or any ther means, i would demand a trial, any decent seller would be happy to organise some form of trial, if not walk away. You bought a crap dog but can't remember the username of the seller?????? I would think the name would burn into your memory surely???

You mention the number of adverts, well the forum has over 41,500 members so i would say ther number of dogs sold was in proportion.

I did say i would be glad to see the back of the classifieds, BUT the state of the classifieds is down to the memebrs, NOT the mods and admin, we aren't the ones who abuse this section of the forum. We will delete peddlers but as i said, rely on members hitting the report button. The classifieds DO help newbies get access to litters, and they also allow scum to try and profit from dogs, BUT as i said its the buyers responsibilty when buying anything via the forum.............caveat emptor im afraid..............

I toataly agree with you about demanding a trial if buying a older dog but never new this at the time no newbies do and honestly can't remember his user name or I whuld expose him belive me I can remember the guys name the dogs name and what service station I met him at but this was 4+ years ago I was green as grass and were took advantage of frew my eagerness that was the last no good dog I bought and ime sore still for getting sold a useless earth dogs. When I learned of working terriers I type in google working terrier for sale and up come hunting life I no this isent the fault of the mods or site but I took one look at the site and pics i thought I was on a winner you live and learn anyway and I whuldent want anyone to make the same mistakes I made coz I wasted a lot of time and money on these dogs but I can honestly say and hold my head up high that they were not sold on and were castrated so I no my morals are right ime polite and respectfull to elders and now have no problem in getting work for my dogs. And I still think sumthing more than than pay a fiver or hit the report button shuld be dun but that's my opinion ime allowd to express that on a open fourum and am sure there plenty others who agree with me. But ill leave it at that