how old is this buck??????

Coronets are quite small and even though you cant see them,the pedicles dont look to have much girth either( narrow across the head).

Young to middle age would be a decent guess on the whats in the picture?

The problem with Roe is that they can look like allsorts depending on their circumstances??

I'm pretty sure it won't be getting any older! But I'd agree it's not an old deer. Checking the teeth can also give an idea, as too can the greying around the muzzle, but TBH ageing Roe accurately isn't that simple.

It is impossible to say especially from that picture,but even with a more detailed one the age of a Roe is very hard to determine without cutting a tooth to be sure.The only time you can be sure is when you see a milk tooth being pushed out.

M

i just wondered because i looked in sporting gun and it showed the bases touching and he mentioned

it would be roughly ten yr old ,this one looks roughly 3mm between? thats why i asked you lads

and it showed a 2 yr old buck and these were wide apart

i just wondered because i looked in sporting gun and it showed the bases touching and he mentioned

it would be roughly ten yr old ,this one looks roughly 3mm between? thats why i asked you lads

and it showed a 2 yr old buck and these were wide apart

post-66703-0-32825000-1336692033_thumb.jpg

You will need to get a tooth ground to know for sure, the older a buck gets the more the coronets slope downwards and he will start to "go back", its impossible to say how old he is but if l had to guess l would put him 3/4 years old