working pattadale bitch

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratty

theres a pic on his profile,is that him. :hmm:

he said he bred 2 j powlers dog

he used powells lurcher dog over a greyhound, the terrier has nothing to do with his stuff !!!!

jd hit nail on the head,very rarely will you get genuine digging dogs on the classifieds on the net,if the dog is guaranteed the seller will have no prob with a months trial.

Sorry to see a few of you lads have been shafted...this prick has showed just how little pride he has in his animals and himself as a man and hopefully he wont get away with it again....

I found j darcy,s earlier post spot on and would also add the old saying when it comes to buying adult working dogs....." A dog you buy is a dog another man didnt want ! "....this saying sums it up for me and even when it comes to what people call a genuine sale for personal/private reasons,if the dog was a good example then it wouldnt need advertising....word of mouth about a breeder carries a lot more weight than bold statements from a nobody....unless you know the person or know of the person then its a huge risk buying an adult...at least a pup has a chance if brought on your way but of course theres no guarentee with any pup but in the long run you and the pup get a fair crack...

Hope a decent dog comes your way and you never make the same mistake a second time,good luck.

good working adult dogs dont get sold imo.why would anyone sell a good dog.if you were giving the dogs up you would offer them to your friends for free.while there is people willing to part with there hard earned cash there will always be a peddler to take it.

Guest oldskool

i would say that the vast majority of adult terriers being sold are crap... but every now and again the odd cracker will appear... a quick tale to illustrate my point :) .. there was a few newbies to the terrier game that bought 2 terriers as pups and when the dogs were a year and a few months old they were tried and because they came out of the den unmarked they were written off as no good... a mate took one for 20 quid and later on it turned out a game as hell cracker... my first and best terrier was a borderxlakie £70... it was sold to me at 2years old because she was considered not hard enough... after a season or 2 more she became a dog that could do it all

i dont believe that good dogs dont get sold because in the coursing world all the top class dogs seem to have prices and are often sold for thousands of pounds, what i do believe though is that good dogs should'nt take no advertising in most cases but not all cases, because theres always gonna be someone with a genuine reason for selling or giving a dog away even, some people would rather sell a dog thinking that if someone is willing to pay good money for a dog then they will be prepared to look after it properly and invest money into it if need be, not always the case i know, but i can see where there coming from.

plus theres always gonna be people who get into the sport and end up with a decent dog or two and then find a new hobby for themselves and the next thing you know the dogs are for sale, a shame but it often happens.

theres always going to be peddlars in this sport because theres always going to be people in need of dogs and whether it has a trial or not if you dont know the seller personally then your always taking a chance sometimes you end up lucky but more often than not you won't.

i agree with you about coursing dogs lucky a lot have them do have prices.if you had to get rid of your best foxing lurcher(pre ban of course) would you rather give it to a close friend who you go out lamping with or sell it to a stranger.that is my point about good dogs not getting sold they get given to close friends.you will get exceptions and the odd good dog will get sold but the majority will have faults :)

Guest oldskool

once and a blue moon i might have the odd good dog for sale if my hand is forced but i have to advertise because i stick to myself and dont know any folk that are interested in the game.... i'd rather see the dog go to a working home if i know he's doin the job...

once and a blue moon i might have the odd good dog for sale if my hand is forced but i have to advertise because i stick to myself and dont know any folk that are interested in the game.... i'd rather see the dog go to a working home if i know he's doin the job...

billy no mates :laugh::drink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peter
Just to let PACA and STEVIE G this messer PETER is back using the site I seen his name earlier, Ian he should be booted off :boxing:

right for all you f**k heads that wanted to slate me off yes i have been back on here and have sorted it with pacca and stevie g and as for the dogs I had they came off this site as working dogs. Both Stevie G and Paca have both spoken to me and are happy. I wasnt avoiding anyone and will never avoid anyone. The people involved know the reasons why I wasnt on the site for a while. Dont worry I will not be buying anything off this site again. there are some good lads on here that know me, but there are otheres that choose to jump on the bandwagon when they dont know what is going on. :censored::censored:

ive also spoke to him and have been told i'l be sorted in some way,but hey looking back it was fun having a circus dog...it danced took itself for a walk made its own grub and as for getting a dig with it ,the only dig i got was giving it a dig in the head to get the remote for the tv back...

Guest peter
ive also spoke to him and have been told i'l be sorted in some way,but hey looking back it was fun having a circus dog...it danced took itself for a walk made its own grub and as for getting a dig with it ,the only dig i got was giving it a dig in the head to get the remote for the tv back...

i have left you a pm paca can you get back to me