King Charles spaniel as working gun dogs

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Never heard or seen of a king charles spaniel bieng worked out in the field. But here it is!c My nan has got one about one yar old and having an intrest in gundogs etc am thinking of trying to bring it on for the shooting season :D Anyone here work them or know about it????

Those are like 9 inches high..!!!!

with short noses

and long hair

and bulgy eyes :icon_eek:

unless it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - they have longer, straigh noses & don't have such bulgy eyes. and they're bigger than 9" tall! :laugh:

Guest little_lloyd

Yep its a cavilar king charles lol and its a [bANNED TEXT] lap dog :laugh::laugh: I would rather not get stick out in the feild ill stick to my terrier for that kind of jobs.

Well all I can say here has been said already.

DO not even think of it.

There is loads of tested breeds that do the job fine and breeds that have been tried and just wont or cant.

I believe this breed comes into the catogory wont or cant.

Think more along the lines of Springer / Cocker / Lab / sprocker and you will have far less of a nightmare.

Regards Steve

Guest oldskool

if you already have the dog at home mate and if you have time to spare, it would do know harm to have a go.... i read in d. harcombes book that he had a chuhuaha (spelling) x patterdale... feckin thing put them all to shame :big_boss: