Russian turtle dove hunting

well done there mate would like to shoot other quarry but we aint got them in uk closest thing is the collared dove and for the life of me i just cant pull the trigger on them they look to nice to kill even tho they wake me up cooing at stupid oclock but maybe one day i will kill one and that willbe the end of my hoodoo -billy

well done there mate would like to shoot other quarry but we aint got them in uk closest thing is the collared dove and for the life of me i just cant pull the trigger on them they look to nice to kill even tho they wake me up cooing at stupid oclock but maybe one day i will kill one and that willbe the end of my hoodoo -billy

im with you ftm there just to nice and easy

didnt know we had turtle doves over here ive never saw any ,are they all down south where its warmer ?

Everywhere mate.....they are farmland birds but as they on decline you dont see many around....ive not seen one where i live for a few years...according to the RSPB they are now the most threatened farmland bird...they are quite small just a little larrger than a blackbird and had a 70% decline in population since the 90's

didnt know we had turtle doves over here ive never saw any ,are they all down south where its warmer ?

Everywhere mate.....they are farmland birds but as they on decline you dont see many around....ive not seen one where i live for a few years...according to the RSPB they are now the most threatened farmland bird...they are quite small just a little larrger than a blackbird and had a 70% decline in population since the 90's

We do have the smaller species of turtle dove as well their colour is the same but the spots on there neck are a bit thin ,these are local birds and there breeding season just started .