Why do people put up the breeding behind their pups on thl or similar sites?

Is it for some kind of street cred??? Is it an attempt to "big" a pup up so it becomes some kind of legend even before its coursed its first hare???

is it attention seeking?

what if your wonder pup jacks?

What if it draws the wrong type of attention ie dog theives?

just something ive been noticing a lot of lately... Thought id bring it up as a topic for debate

if you just put a picture of your dog/pup usally the first one or two replies goes, nice dog/pup hows it bred so i reckon thats why people do it.

but isnt it a big fall if after all the excitement and publicising of a pup if it jacks, after all wouldnt it be public embarassment as well as personal disapointment??

if it jacked then people will no not to go down that line of breeding..

but what part did the numpty on the other end of the leash play in it jacking ..did he flog the arse of it . did he run it with an injury /did he run it to young and spoil it? would they admit tothat,, or just blame the breeding/ i wonder :hmm:

All the more reason to let a dog show its metal before giving it premature exposure many a good prospect is ruined by num f*****g owners running to young or over facing a sapling.

In my opinion the right blood is everything if you want consistent working dogs.........

true, what ever the breed, lurcher,coursing dog, pit, etc ...... . The foundation as got to be right 1st . And regards putting pics + breeding up on the site , if you said ive got what ever x , people will say any pics of the sire + dam mate, it just goes from there .! :yes:

if the litter

Is it for some kind of street cred??? Is it an attempt to "big" a pup up so it becomes some kind of legend even before its coursed its first hare???

is it attention seeking?

just something ive been noticing a lot of lately... Thought id bring it up as a topic for debate

if you just put a picture of your dog/pup usally the first one or two replies goes, nice dog/pup hows it bred so i reckon thats why people do it.

but isnt it a big fall if after all the excitement and publicising of a pup if it jacks, after all wouldnt it be public embarassment as well as personal disapointment??

but what part did the numpty on the other end of the leash play in it jacking ..did he flog the arse of it . did he run it with an injury /did he run it to young and spoil it? would they admit tothat,, or just blame the breeding/ i wonder :hmm:

i agree with riohog if a sent a litter pup from good stock and 9 months later got told it was a jacker,, dont think i would be questioning the dog :hmm: :hmm: .

is it attention seeking?

I agree with trigger and socks, i dont agree with your comment at all. No breeding no matter how good has a 100% record, so if a dog from Punch, or Merlin and Eve, or Minshaw jacks you would never have a dog of that line again????

i think i was hasty in my comment, what i was trying to say if you new the line of breeding and there was history of jackers in that line then i would think twice before going down that line, if you dont know the line you dont know what your getting.