rookfest part duex trapping snaring

heres a few from the weekend away to scotland with woodga ,ratcherman,nightimenellie, we trapped a few and snared a few with ratcher catching his first peg wire rabbit ,the smile said it all ,we have a good tutor :tongue2: as you can see watching over his flock ,the cages been removed for the photos (LL)!! with the body grips before anyone points that out :yes: , we had top time away thanks woodga and ratcherman and nightimenellie, heres a few from the time off

the master apprentice his pennyfarthing is just out of shot :laugh: , :D

am watching you :yes: ,get that height right , :D

these 5 were released for another day from the drop box :yes: .

there is a few more but thats enough to peruse til next time :D

Guest little_lloyd

Some very good pictures once agian rs :clapper::clapper: looking at those young uns in the drop box they put a smile on ye face :D Glad they where left for another day.

Edited by little_lloyd
nice shots... were you on one of these snaring courses ?

no richie it was just a few days away ,the master was keeping us right :tongue2: , and teaching ratcherman to snare a time to polish up me snaring ,me fence wires resembled a 50p peice nothin new new there i hear him say :D

thats not Vauxhall Leaf Green that i see those bodygrips and tealers painted with, come on lads your letting the side down :laugh:

:laugh: theres always one who notices thats two slapped wrists :icon_redface: ,at least they caught rabbits were stunned with the fine painting :D

nice shots... were you on one of these snaring courses ?

no richie it was just a few days away ,the master was keeping us right :tongue2: , and teaching ratcherman to snare a time to polish up me snaring ,me fence wires resembled a 50p peice nothin new new there i hear him say :D

thats not Vauxhall Leaf Green that i see those bodygrips and tealers painted with, come on lads your letting the side down :laugh:

:laugh: theres always one who notices thats two slapped wrists :icon_redface: ,at least they caught rabbits were stunned with the fine painting :D

those traps and snares are painted that color so that any woodbe thief coming across them would think"only an amateur would paint stuff that crappy color , so them traps and snares arn,t worth nicking" clever bloke that woodga dude :laugh::laugh:

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know what paint would be best for my galvanised larsen? My brother sells car paints etc and could do me any colour imaginable but he reckons I would have to do something (electrify?) to it so the paint sticks???

Cheers, gnipper

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know what paint would be best for my galvanised larsen? My brother sells car paints etc and could do me any colour imaginable but he reckons I would have to do something (electrify?) to it so the paint sticks???

Cheers, gnipper

I'd have thought any car spray paint would of done the trick :hmm: I've had no bother painting over galvanised stuff, the mesh of the dog run is galv, and i painted over that no bother.

Cheers, gnipper

Any black matt paint from a spray can would do - black makes the mesh invisible, see? ;)

OTC

Cheers, gnipper

Any black matt paint from a spray can would do - black makes the mesh invisible, see? ;)

OTC

WELL OTC ,

THE OLD FINCH TRAPPERS WERE BIG BELIVERS IN THE MATT BLACK PAINTING OF A TRAP

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING ;)