Canine DNA Profiling

Hey guys i have currently owned my Alaskan Malamute for nearly 2 years....i brought him from breeder when he was 5 months old and was given all papers and chip details when i took him....After going over the papers last week as a woman in my village wants him to cover her bitch i found that somethings a miss....My dogs Parentage does not make sense...his farther according to the papers is a spanish champion but upon emailing the owners i recieved back from them that he has not covered a bitch in uk for over 2 years....Can these papers be fake?.....cause thats what the spanish people sugguested and i have emailed copys of paperwork to them for investergation......also can parentage profiling get to bottom of this.....and the more i look at him now he seems less like pure Mal but rather more like a Huskamute....now dont get me wrong this will not change way i am with him it just meens ive been ripped off and cannot use him for breeding as pure mal...ok i know im jumping to conclusions he may well be full Malamute but will DNA profiling determine if he is full Malamute?

Any idea's will be greatful

Hey guys i have currently owned my Alaskan Malamute for nearly 2 years....i brought him from breeder when he was 5 months old and was given all papers and chip details when i took him....After going over the papers last week as a woman in my village wants him to cover her bitch i found that somethings a miss....My dogs Parentage does not make sense...his farther according to the papers is a spanish champion but upon emailing the owners i recieved back from them that he has not covered a bitch in uk for over 2 years....Can these papers be fake?.....cause thats what the spanish people sugguested and i have emailed copys of paperwork to them for investergation......also can parentage profiling get to bottom of this.....and the more i look at him now he seems less like pure Mal but rather more like a Huskamute....now dont get me wrong this will not change way i am with him it just meens ive been ripped off and cannot use him for breeding as pure mal...ok i know im jumping to conclusions he may well be full Malamute but will DNA profiling determine if he is full Malamute?

not a clue ask jez kyle for a dna test :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

Lmao

Lmao

an old couple i know years ago went to buy some boizois off a lady breeder who was retireing, they purchased 2 bitches and a dog, when they asked for the paperwork she pointed at a fileing cabinet and said dogs in the top bitches in the next one down help yourself. :hmm: both draws were full of kc pedigre`s

dna profiling will only cofirm parantage providing samples are taken , it will not provide breed background as absolute proof . alot of continental regestarys demand dna proof of parantage before regestration germany dwzrv for one ;)

So the bottom line is that yes paper can be faked?Might just get DNA Profiling done to see if he is Pure Breed or heinz

you wont get a acurate profile for purebred there are too many mixes in the pot for it to be accurate coulor profile yes can be accurate breed profile not yet !!

So the bottom line is that yes paper can be faked?Might just get DNA Profiling done to see if he is Pure Breed or heinz

Certainly CAN ! Papers are only as HONEST as the man,woman writing them !!!,

also helps if you have a good mate that is a breed register,that you can pull the wool over their eyes :whistling:

yes they can be fake i've been offered fake papers before.

Lmao

an old couple i know years ago went to buy some boizois off a lady breeder who was retireing, they purchased 2 bitches and a dog, when they asked for the paperwork she pointed at a fileing cabinet and said dogs in the top bitches in the next one down help yourself. :hmm: both draws were full of kc pedigre`s

Theres plenty of gallaghers out there :censored:

yes they can be fake i've been offered fake papers before.

Lmao

Theres plenty of gallaghers out there :censored:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK, I have to ask the obvious question but have you tried to contact the breeder yet? If you can get DNA from both parents you can check it, otherwise I don't think you can prove a breed 100% as I don't thinkany breed is totally unique. Could be talking bollocks, but as all breeds have come about in only the last few hundred years the lines are a bit blurred. But yes, fake papers are very easy to come by so they are pretty much meaningless.