i've been after this one for a few weeks now!

ok so i lost 14 chickens and got 1 left to date.

so a number of weeks ago i decided enough is enough.

when i started on this little project i spotted on many occasions that there were 3 foxes i kept spotting moving across my field every so often.

after dark

after a few nights of spotting this one out of range (the last of the 3 foxes alive!) i ended up waking up late last night with a bit of a gut problem which left me in the bathroom from 2am - 2.30 am!

after which i could not get to sleep.

so i decided to get the .22lr out and pop my head through the back door.

creeping down the hall i very slowly unlocked stable door. the sound of the key turning was loud, very slowly i pushed the door handle against the door and turned the noisy metal catch slowly opening the door.

then i switched the night vision on and look into the field and though i saw a fox. then realise i needed a trip back to the cabinet to get some rounds!!

this is the bit where my senses sharpen and i start breathing and the adrenaline kicks in, wondering if she will still be there when i get back to the door.

so i get to the door with the loaded gun and nothing. was i imagining it did i see a fox or was i still half asleep??

so gently peered out into the dark field and i could see eyes, but these where the horse moving around in the field frantically.

i though, maybe i imagined it all.

after a few minutes of observation i saw another pare of eyes moving around near the horse. no it was a fox i saw and it was playing with the horse in the field rounding it up like a sheep dog rounds its sheep!! amazing! but the horse seemed to be a little bit agitated.

then she started to walk away from the horse. had she smelt me? had she heard me? did she see my ir? did she see my silhouette against the halls phone power light?

she started trotting away nearing 60 yards. so i squeaked. nothing, squeaked again, nothing. these foxes have not come to any of my fox calls not even the WAM ever! so as a last resort i shouted and she stopped and i took the shot off the wall from my door.

night night mrs fox! my chicken will be that little bit safer now :boogy: all 3 foxes down!

hopefully i will now see more hedge hogs and maybe the brown hare might come back to this area. hope to see more ground nesting birds also.

Photo0128.jpg

Edited by riflehunter583