Alt-Berg

Hi Guys

I have just ordered a pair of Alt Berg of Yorkshire boots after reading a couple of excellent reviews on their products. I will have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to be made and dispatched to me as they have a bit of a waiting list(Must be a good sign). Have any of you lasses and lads had any experiences with their boots for example longevity, breaking in and general quality.

I have added the link in so if you havent heard of them they might be of some interest. http://www.altberg.c...ltbergboots.jsp.

Cheers folks

Pat

what model ye get???

I ordered a pair of the Hogg lite originals as I ride as well, they say that they will be fine for a bit of 2-3 season activity. If they are any good I will order a full on Hunting pair. I am just a bit worried that when they arrive they wont fit after such a wait, I have followed all their advice and gone up a half size as they are not that roomy! How have you guys found the fit? Did you go up the extra half size!

Pat

what model ye get???

I ordered a pair of the Hogg lite originals as I ride as well, they say that they will be fine for a bit of 2-3 season activity. If they are any good I will order a full on Hunting pair. I am just a bit worried that when they arrive they wont fit after such a wait, I have followed all their advice and gone up a half size as they are not that roomy! How have you guys found the fit? Did you go up the extra half size!

Pat

cant speak for the hoggs mate, but i have a pair a the high moor ones an they are spot on, i have also tried a couple of other models while in army an they were also top notch, i did go up half a size but i did pop in store an try them on as its local to me, i honestly have found them to be 1 of the best boots iv used, after trying most of the other leading boot brands an getting a season at most out of them. there service is second to none, before an after you buy a pair of boots, it really would take something drastic to stop me ordering me next pair from altberg, id certainly recomend them to anybody that was after a pair of boots, for whatever you need them for :D:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have peacemakers I use their leather gris and it waterproofs them

I love my altbergs once broke in they are like slippers best

Boots by far I wouldn't entertain anything else i'm going up to there

Place nextmonth to get a new pair I like lighter boots so am

Going for a pair of sneekers and I'll get my peacemakers resoled while I'm there

The socks altberg sell are called falke and are bloody brilliant as well

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My Altbergs turned up today after 9-10 weeks of waiting! The saying goes the best things are worth waiting for and this time I have to agree. I have had a quick mooch to get a feel for them and they will take some breaking in, then they should be like wearing a pair of slippers I hope! From what I am told.

The quality is top notch and they look like they will be with me for a few years to come.(they had better be at the price I paid or the wife will kill me). Time will tell but the initial feel of them is one of extremely high quality, the sizing is definately on the smaller side so thanks to the guys who suggested getting half a size up, spot on advice. :thumbs:

Pat

My Altbergs turned up today after 9-10 weeks of waiting! The saying goes the best things are worth waiting for and this time I have to agree. I have had a quick mooch to get a feel for them and they will take some breaking in, then they should be like wearing a pair of slippers I hope! From what I am told.

The quality is top notch and they look like they will be with me for a few years to come.(they had better be at the price I paid or the wife will kill me). Time will tell but the initial feel of them is one of extremely high quality, the sizing is definately on the smaller side so thanks to the guys who suggested getting half a size up, spot on advice. :thumbs:

Pat

you wont be disapointed :thumbs:

tried a pair these on at weekend my nephew in armythey were green like slippers on dont know the type .atb bunnys.

they got a few diffrent boots that the army let you wear, a few monir diffrences between them, but they are all good boots :thumbs:

ive just had look at the link they seam ok i was going to get a pair of blackislanders as ive seen them up close they dont need treating ,now im not sure im sick of paying 150 ,200 pounds every year or too with the normal meindal etc

• 2 weeks later...

I wear altberg peacekeepers everyday in my job and theyre cracking. Lightweight and comfortable.

They've taken some stick, and granted they've seen better days but they're still going strong after 4 years of daily wearing, no grip left on them all the same.

Best boots by far that I can recommend.