stealth,wildlife,scouting, cameras.

I've used several different cameras, and the two I use most are the Reconyx RC60, and stealthcam prowler HD. The reconyx only takes still photos not video but it has a reaction time of 0.2 secs so I use that for situations where I think the animal will be passing quickly (good for finding out if and when Foxes are passing a certain spot, which can save time sitting waiting ;) ). The photos from this are very good quality, but I'm not sure whether these are available in the UK yet. We got them from USA.

The Prowler HD takes video or stills, but the reaction time is a fraction under 4 seconds, so it's not unusual to miss some animals (Otters in particular, and I've got many videos of just a tail disappearing out of shot!). The video quality though is excellent (as it should be for HD) and it records good quality sound too. We got our prowlers 3 years ago from Bushwear who have 25% off this model at the moment. I found their after sales service very good too.

Edited by kenny14

4 seconds reaction time? sheesh! thats change a car wheel and it'll miss it timings lol.

bare in mind cell fones are becoming as big as laptops for processor capabilities, so a simple trigger time shouldnt be no great feat.. just a thought like. (in reality you should be able to get an email with attached files for under 400 quids...)