Marketing, does anyone on here work in the industry?

As above, I could do with some advice from someone who knows what they're talking about. I dont want want to put full details up here but I make Shepherds Huts and need to get a bit more pro active on the marketing front but I dont know the best way to do it. Any advice from those in the know appreiciated :thumbs:

As above, I could do with some advice from someone who knows what they're talking about. I dont want want to put full details up here but I make Shepherds Huts and need to get a bit more pro active on the marketing front but I dont know the best way to do it. Any advice from those in the know appreiciated :thumbs:

I'm not an expert, but marketed my own business.

Problem: Reaction: Solution.

Give them a problem (ie. Harsh weather)

Wait for a reaction (ie. Yes it's a pain in the arse)

Give them a solution (ie. Shepherds huts)

Get in touch with local papers, radio, press; see if they'll run a story on a local business surviving despite the economic hardship etc.

Ask customers for testimonials :thumbs:

I used to work for Google, as an adword account manager. If you want any advice getting your website to come up for searches ie "shepherds hut for sale" let me know. So first word of advice,get a website and make sure it is a good one, seldom do people buy from a website that looks home-made if you know what I mean. There is absolutely no point spending money on getting people to your website if it isn't going to convert them in to sales, which sounds obvious but it is amazing what people represent their businesses with and the cash they have to do it.