DEFIANT OGIVE

I have tried some of these after reading this thread and ordered some from flebay. I weighed the full box and found the weight to range from 15.7 gn to 16.2 gn. Was looking good, cleaned my barrel and I fired forty through my R-10 and then tried some groups at 25 yards, not impressed. I was not able to produce the same groups as say the deviant's in 5.52 or AA Fields flying off in varied directions. They all seemed to be in great condition with not one having any damage to the skirt. My R-10 just did not like them, which is a shame as the quality and weight difference is spot on.

Smokey

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suffered awful quality from one of the best brands/manufacturers in the market (allegedly), that is why I buy American ammunition! Never had a bad pellet since I changed brands either...

I have tried some of these after reading this thread and ordered some from flebay. I weighed the full box and found the weight to range from 15.7 gn to 16.2 gn. Was looking good, cleaned my barrel and I fired forty through my R-10 and then tried some groups at 25 yards, not impressed. I was not able to produce the same groups as say the deviant's in 5.52 or AA Fields flying off in varied directions. They all seemed to be in great condition with not one having any damage to the skirt. My R-10 just did not like them, which is a shame as the quality and weight difference is spot on.

Smokey

Hiya Smokey.

Just a thought mate , :hmm: it may be worth sending a good few more through the barrel, being as you have cleaned it.

If the Ogives are anything like the Defients, they are quite a hard pellet, not as malable as some, so it may take a good 200/300 just to lead in ther barrel again :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Smokey

Hiya Smokey.

Just a thought mate , :hmm: it may be worth sending a good few more through the barrel, being as you have cleaned it.

If the Ogives are anything like the Defients, they are quite a hard pellet, not as malable as some, so it may take a good 200/300 just to lead in ther barrel again :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Well after posting that Bill I had another go, this time I removed the Mod from my R-10, not as tight as the Defiants but a lot better than last week when I gave them a whirl will upload a pic in a minute. They must have been clipping the mod on the way to the target. Going to finish off the two boxes of defiants and them finish the Ogive's and see what happens.

Smokey

Edited by Smokey 1

Hi Smokey.

well thats good news, wish you luck.

Might pay when the rifles low on air, ( dropping off the reg ) to replace the moderator and fire a pellet or two into a bucket of clean water, pick them out and have a look for damage mate. :thumbs:

Look forward to the pictures.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

So the first pic is the Ogive, AA field and Defiant

Scopetest002.jpg

Groups from today without Mod

Scopetest.jpg

With Mod

Scopetest010.jpg

The defiants dont clip the mod neither do any other pellet so I am not 100% sure why the Ogive's have a much larger spread with the moderator fitted. One thing I know is the permissions I look after defo require a mod, hard enough as it is :thumbs:

Smokey

Hiya Smokey.

Nice clear pictures mate.

Looking at both pictures, the increase in group size in comparable, i.e the Defients have opened up slightly, and the Ogives have opened even more, on target two.

So the defients MAY be clipping aswell.

Try that bucket test mate, if only to eliminate the problem.

How do the AA group, any simular probs with them??

Bill.

Hiya Smokey.

Nice clear pictures mate.

Looking at both pictures, the increase in group size in comparable, i.e the Defients have opened up slightly, and the Ogives have opened even more, on target two.

So the defients MAY be clipping aswell.

Try that bucket test mate, if only to eliminate the problem.

How do the AA group, any simular probs with them??

Bill.

Nice one Bill, had not even noticed. I am using the Weihrauch mod on the R-10 as it seems to be highly rated. I am on my way to BAR getting the bottle filled so will bring in the groups and see what they reckon. Thanks again

Smokey

Hiya Smokey.

Propper job mate, let us know how you get on buddy.

Bill. :victory:

Well Bill I don't think I waited for the pressure to drop off enough(so she is now looking for a new mop bucket lol). The lads at BAR where very help full and had a look at the mod for me, a quick tap on the counter and a lot of little lead fillings came out. Not good

They suggested to strip the shroud and mod, load pellets free hand (absolute bugger on the R-10) and fire off a group to see if the barrel is loose. 1st group pellet on pellet.

I then fitted the shroud back on, and the groups opened up. So stripped the baffles from the shroud to find more lead fillings. I removed the two spring baffles the final chamfered on had marks on it from pellets clipping on the way past and put the shroud back on. Tight groups again.

Fitted the mod and they have opened out again :censored:

So thedecisionn has been made to send the gun off for some tlc either to Mr. B or Darin @ XTX

And there was me trying to behelpfull on a pellet test, have ended up stripping the R-10..................... :icon_eek:

Smokey

Hiya Smokey.

Propper job mate, let us know how you get on buddy.

Well Bill I don't think I waited for the pressure to drop off enough(so she is now looking for a new mop bucket lol). The lads at BAR where very help full and had a look at the mod for me, a quick tap on the counter and a lot of little lead fillings came out. Not good

They suggested to strip the shroud and mod, load pellets free hand (absolute bugger on the R-10) and fire off a group to see if the barrel is loose. 1st group pellet on pellet.

I then fitted the shroud back on, and the groups opened up. So stripped the baffles from the shroud to find more lead fillings. I removed the two spring baffles the final chamfered on had marks on it from pellets clipping on the way past and put the shroud back on. Tight groups again.

Fitted the mod and they have opened out again :censored:

So thedecisionn has been made to send the gun off for some tlc either to Mr. B or Darin @ XTX

And there was me trying to behelpfull on a pellet test, have ended up stripping the R-10..................... :icon_eek:

Smokey

Hi Smokey.

Sorry about the buckett mate.... :icon_eek::icon_redface: ........................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Look forward to hearing how you get on if you send your R10 away for some TLC.

Be a different rifle when you get it back, very worth the effort mate.

ATB.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Anyone tried them???

They look quite a hard hitting pellet if theyre anything like the Standard Defiant

Darryl

I love that phrase. Its one that the airgun comics seem to bandy around a lot that doesn't really mean anything. I can't help 'hardhitting' is a subjective thing. How hard a pellet seems to hit something.

:hmm: must be my uneducated eyes

they going to take logun penetrator's spot in the market?

they look good anyway .. even if they are the wrong calibre :laugh::thumbs: anyone going to take the plunge and let us know how they shoot?

ATB

Adam

Adam,

Logun Penetrator -Trading name went Webleys wound up the other year

Now Marketed - Range Right as Exterminators

BOB/R

The 11.00 Grain .177 Version come out on Friday

Should be reading about them in coming weeks

Accept getting better results with .177 Version

Big issue with .22 was many Shooters have got used of 14.00 Grain 5.52's

Which give good results in a growing number of .22's these Day's

Than the heavier 16.00 Grain Ogive -