BSA Ultra?

They are an accurate gun, low shot count, trouble is the loading system. Fit a bipod and carry it round and the bipod has to be mounted the wrong way round or it fouls the cocking mechanism. If you need to take a second shot it can take a while, press side switch, bolt shoots out, if single shot load new pellet, press probe in then activate MMC, Can be a pain if a second quiet shot is required because if you forget to catch the probe it rockets back with a hell of a clack!

For the cash there a good hunting gun if shot placement is right u only need 1 shot ive just bought one cheap as giving 80 shots in 177 with a scorpion barrel though feels loads better than are s10 the scorpion dos look a lot better with the black stock but will soon scrap the beech stock for a composite one

Put your thumb on the probe its silent when you press the catch,also,pull the trigger when you cock the mmc it too is silent.

Never had a single problem with my second hand .22.

My scorpion when back twice!!

Its far easier to carry and shoulder than the scorpion.

I fitted the rowan 7 shot to the ultra,no indexing issues as its manual.

And 40 good shots was plenty,I actually wish I'd kept it and not bought my superten!

Yes I use my thumb behind the probe when hunting and need to be quieter than normal but just open it under its own steam when plinking targets. If you have a ms you must ensure the probe comes back enough to rotate the magazine though if using your thumb.

I didn't know about holding the trigger in mate so thanks ill try that dry first to see and use that when hunting.

I find fitting a bipod ok and that there is enough room to get my hands between the legs of the bipod to press the cocking button, but then again I have quite smallish hands so I can see it being a problem a bit if you have shovels for hands.

Accurate rifles though. I love them and lauras is our 3rd one. At the meet 2 weeks ago we didn't have much room left in the car and instead of removing something we really didn't need I opted to take lauras ultra instead of the hw100 s. This shows my love for them and boy did it do itself proud there.

It competed against a r10 Mark 2 in .177 and a .177 hw100kt and held its own so i was well pleased with it.

Si.

Im not a fan of bsa,s si infact i hate most are bsa s10 i dont see fit for hammering nails in but watching your utube videos converted to the ultra for my lad got to say really impressed with it so far. The coking loading takes some getting used to up to the rapids but for a budget hunting tool dont think it can be faulted and 80 shots in 177 for something of this size is really impressive in my eyes

Hi

I use mine all the time for hunting with the pulsar n550 at night. I all so have a HW100KT for day time but the ultra may be coming out in the day time as well. IMO its a cracking little gun and even better with a reg put in to it. Shoots just as good as a top price gun

Forgot to mention the action is quite loud,because its a very short rifle.

I used to use a weihrauch with the internals wrapped in fleece,which dulled the twang still further.

I was able to use and still do,use a logun decimeater silencer,unmodified and its quieter than the modded weihrauch.

I tried 6 different mod's and the decimeater is imo the best,without modification,and cheaper in my rfd by £12.

I'm starting to sound love sick!!

They really are the best you can get for the money!!

An as Zini has proven,will out perform lots of very expensive so called top end rifle's with aplomb.

Bought my .177 Ultra tactical back in October of last year and have shot a couple of hundred rats and plenty of bunnies with it since as well as a fair few corvids. I find it a great little rifle easily as accurate as my mates hw100 and the mk2 rapid ive just bought. The ultra's shortness and lightweight makes it an ideal Nightvision platform and it carries my ns200 well.

The cocking mechanism has never given me any problems and im yet to 'double load' which some users seem to find it easy to do. I use a Weihrauch sound mod which is more than adequate. In my opinion its one of the best value for money pcps available at the moment and ive owned most of them.

Regards Optelic.

Edited by optelic2

Bought my .177 Ultra tactical back in October of last year and have shot a couple of hundred rats and plenty of bunnies with it since as well as a fair few corvids. I find it a great little rifle easily as accurate as my mates hw100 and the mk2 rapid ive just bought. The ultra's shortness and lightweight makes it an ideal Nightvision platform and it carries my ns200 well.

The cocking mechanism has never given me any problems and im yet to 'double load' which some users seem to find it easy to do. I use a Weihrauch sound mod which is more than adequate. In my opinion its one of the best value for money pcps available at the moment and ive owned most of them.

Regards Optelic.

I agree with all that buddy :thumbs: .

Its a well under estimated rifle and like you say can keep up with a rifle 2 1/2 times its price tag easy enough if matched with the correct pellet and filled to 190 bar each time.

Will be interesting to see how LJ gets on with hers at the meet as it will be her first major comp using it.

I think she will enjoy using it as its nice and small and light so not a burden.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

I was going to buy a new ultra when changing from springers to pcp back in feb this year but at the last minute managed to bag a near mint superten which I've always wanted. I think if I ever changed my rifle I would opt for a ultra multi shot! Considering pcp's quality these days I don't see why you would want to pay silly money for a bigger rifle when as proved that little fella can perform just as well!