chinese airguns ????

Hi guys ive heard a mix bag of comments towards these rifles,

that in some cases they are dangerous and can break by the internal workings falling to bits and springs snaping, ive head of people hit in the face with the barrels as the cocking system fails to hold the barrel as you load a pellet and also fingers trapped. although they are cheap does this mean seriously bad engineeing that reflects the in the price.

would you trust one of these to be used by your son or daughter while plinking with you.

OR are they simply a no go ?????

Some are ok but most are not.....MrMole loves em but i would rather spend a bit more and get my child a decent AirArms or Weihrauch like the saying goes buy cheap buy twice

Another option would be to buy a BSA Meteor...they great rifles for young un's and well priced

• Like 1

Cheap and nasty on the whole though now and then you will get a good one, having said that I haven't had anything to do with Chinese air guns for a very long time so could be talking out of my backside and they could be brilliant by now, though I doubt it!, better off looking for a cheap second hand BSA meteor or Crossman ratcatcher ect.

good comments guys thanks your right buy cheap buy twice and i dont wana touch one now lol

I think i will look for a cheap second hand meteor when i get some cash.

i tell you what though guys ive just bought a Hatsan 60s what a great rifle that is what do you guys think of them they are nicely made and feel real nice in the hand plenty of power too

Some are ok but most are not.....MrMole loves em but i would rather spend a bit more and get my child a decent AirArms or Weihrauch like the saying goes buy cheap buy twice

Another option would be to buy a BSA Meteor...they great rifles for young un's and well priced

I do not love Chinese airguns, I love Turkish airguns...

Had a couple of Chinese air rifles, one was a B2 which was more use as a cricket bat than as a gun. The other was a QB78 we got for a friend, they are decent little low cost rifles, accurate enough to hunt with, cheap as chips too, trouble is CO2 capsules are not as cheap as chips! He likes it so that is ok. The wife got an XS19 which is a decent enough rifle for the money, but in my mind a Hatsan is a lot lot better!

I too have a 60S, only mine is the TG GR, the super deluxe model which is only available in Britain, it has a gas ram in it!

Edited by secretagentmole

i bet the hatsan with gas ram is nice to shoot i am well impressed with the recoil on my springer so bet the gas ram is really quite smooth.

at 30 yards mine waks out the power and places loverly divits in a pile of soil we use as backstops

looking forward to rabbiting with it to be honest going upto knaresbrough next week end to sort out some rabbit problem with a friend so will take the hatsan with me too see what it can do in the field

The Chinese are comparable to the old Jap Crap in the motor industry :yes:

To start with they were seriously crap now on the other hand the Chinese manufacturing is comming along in leaps and bounds :yes:

My XS19 springer is certainly accurate enough to knock a mouses block off its shoulder.

Heres a pic of my second bunny 30-35 yards (long before I routinely began taking pix). .22 with an SMK (chinese scope) 3-9x40 scope.

post-18667-0-49936100-1334497395_thumb.jpg

The rifle is a copy of a Gamo Hunter which in turn is a copy of a HW (I forget which though). That said rifle has accounted for many, many bunnies with AAF Pellets and is now on my wall above my fireplace.

If I hadn't have gotten lazy and purchased a PCP, I'd still be using her.

As for injuring people when loading a springer, there is a correct way and an incorrect way to load one, the correct way is to keep the stock butt under your armpit and the hand not fiddling with the pellet keeps hold of the barrel or under lever! Even the most reliable and expensive highly thought of technology can and sometimes does fail.

Having said that, I still wouldn't recomend any Chinese air rifle before the XS and QB range were introduced. Thats when the quality and reliability really began comming on.

Things like the B2's were just not worth looking at let alone buying!

Tony

I do not love Chinese airguns, I love Turkish airguns...YOU LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2: :laugh: :laugh:

Had a couple of Chinese air rifles, one was a B2 which was more use as a cricket bat than as a gun. The other was a QB78 we got for a friend, they are decent little low cost rifles, accurate enough to hunt with, cheap as chips too, trouble is CO2 capsules are not as cheap as chips! He likes it so that is ok. The wife got an XS19 which is a decent enough rifle for the money, but in my mind a Hatsan is a lot lot better!

I too have a 60S, only mine is the TG GR, the super deluxe model which is only available in Britain, it has a gas ram in it!

I repeat I have only owned 1 Chinese air rifle, a B2, my friend had the QB78 and the wife has the XS19, I prefer my lovely little Turkish delights....

That and my German bunny cannon and British pigeon popper!

hi Mike

H.L.S !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

regards

Davy

Handled the At44-10 today... was NOT impressed. Weighted all wrong, synthetic stock rough at the joins, strangely, the action looked rough cast along with the magazine. I say strange because I had a 'Webley' Raider 10XS (think they are made by Hatsan) and it seemed well made aside from the blurred stencilling.... A big let down when I think of how much I enjoyed my MOD 55s. T'would appear one must be discerning when choosing from the box of turkish delights...

Thats a real shame bud ive just googled the rifle, to have a look what they are like, they dont look to bad i dont think i would buy one though, may be they just havnt got the nack for making pcp rifles just yet, i know they make shot guns if im not mistaken this is why i bought the Hatsan 60s i thought if they can make shot guns the airrifles would be okay too.

i do think though the skill in making a springer that comes from Turkey is far better than the ones that come from china. not every one agrees i know it is personal preferance, ive had a lot of airguns over the years and im reall impressed with the 60s bought it of a lad on here.

that box of juicy Turkish delight must have passed quality control lol

If your after a cheap but very good synthetic stock rifle i own a Brocock Hunter absolutly brilliant rifle great handling rifle feels good in the hand too bud i did hav a bit of trouble with it leaking when i got it but the chap i bought it off was brilliant and so was Brocock, it really is a great little rifle.