Heavy Horse Hitches at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair

Here are a few images from the RAWF , these rigs are unbelieveable, i dont think people realise just how much power there is in 4 of these animals, we once had to parade hounds at this show and had 8 horse hitches behind us waiting to go in , it was terrifying :blink:

6331975791_a7475905c1_b.jpg

Untitled by foxhound51, on Flickr

6331975433_91f5b6eb11_b.jpg

6331975019_a1c192135d_b.jpg

6331974639_fa83fd8163_b.jpg

6331973495_2f525fe988_b.jpg

6331972797_7454ff7a52_b.jpg

6331974241_eb5d292319_b.jpg

• Like 3

We're so bloody observant aren't we! :thumbs::laugh: :laugh: But its not just the size of the hooves, its the way they splay out at the bottom: I admit I'm no expert on heavy horses, but I would have thought that hooves like that would be just not right at all. Certainly not on a lighter built horse.

Edited by skycat

firstly. nice pics and secondly. they are BIG horses. they have BIG hoofs. have you never come across an old horseshoe of a clydesdale or shire horse. :icon_eek:

edited to add if you like these you should take a trip to the lowther horse driving trials.

Edited by Cleanspade

firstly. nice pics and secondly. they are BIG horses. they have BIG hoofs. have you never come across an old horseshoe of a clydesdale or shire horse. :icon_eek:

you beat me to it :laugh: theres some shires down the road, if it stops raining i`ll pop down and get some hoof pictures :laugh:
  • Like 1

I wasn't referring to the actual size of the hoof, but the shape, the way the hoof splays out at the bottom: this is an interesting read for those who are into minor details of horses' hooves :tongue2::laugh:http://www.wolfmanor...eavyHorses.html

Sorry! I can't help it if I'm inquisitive! :laugh::icon_redface:

Many years ago I had a lot of foot problems with a cob whose feet had been neglected, and shadowed my farrier on his rounds for a project I was involved in at the time.

Edited by skycat

wow never seen that before alright...thats how the feet go when they get laminitus and they go lame from rocking onto their heels and the bone inside misaligning..i wonder how they do it and keep them going sound