fresh road kill pheasent

while out and about today i came across a fresh pheasent carcase killed by a car up ahead of me.

so i lifted it and put it into the boot.

i have a 7 month old springer at home, would it be ok to throw her the fresh carcase if i skinned and gutted it ?

niall_b73

I must say i wouldn't be keen on giving any my dogs at a young age a bird to munch on................ :no:

I wasn't keen on Roxy, 5 month old lurcher, eating freshly shot pigeons. Today, the little fecker managed to swipe one and eat most of it before I got to it and her.

Must admit she did a good job of skinning it!

Told her off, of course! :rtfm:

id bin it unless i see it hit by the car. cant believe the ammount of deer people pick off the roads, they must be fresh because they are still warm, got nothing to do wih the sun beating down on them then :blink:

I pick fresh deer up waste of good meat! if I skin it off and i don't think its good enough i strip the meat off and feed it to the dogs

as for introducing the dog to fresh depends were you are in the training, my lab pups start off with phessie wings around a dummy and then at around 8 months i use cold game

i would use it for training purposes at this age in dogs life just give it a couple of retrieves then take it away skin it and eat the bugger! its not like its been poisoned as you saw it get hit good luck with pup mate