Beddy x Whippet - Really that good?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what it is they read all sorts of shite on here and hear of people who have not got a clue about the breed they are a very head strong dogs when young so get spoilt by being entered to young so some y

heres mine again handy we ferreting dog

proper rabbit dog 22inch

think what it is there to much breeding of the cross shite to shite by people who are in it for the £££££s as with the ban rabbits is the only thing to go at look in the cmw loads of them for sale then you get the young lads getting them and they have not got a clue how to bring them on yes they are head strong and love to hunt up but if brought on right they will be a rabbits nightmare day and night i have had these dog around me for 40 years i go for 3/4 whippet bred dogs as they have that extra bit of speed like to see a whippet run some of the ground my dogs run they wouldnt be out for a month after they just do not bounce the same :D any way you crack on lads. atb

Oh c'mon you only want 1/4 beddy.Get a well bred pure ffs

think what it is there to much breeding of the cross shite to shite by people who are in it for the £££££s as with the ban rabbits is the only thing to go at look in the cmw loads of them for sale then you get the young lads getting them and they have not got a clue how to bring them on yes they are head strong and love to hunt up but if brought on right they will be a rabbits nightmare day and night i have had these dog around me for 40 years i go for 3/4 whippet bred dogs as they have that extra bit of speed like to see a whippet run some of the ground my dogs run they wouldnt be out for a month after they just do not bounce the same :D any way you crack on lads. atb

told you once your dog couldnt run were mine does and catch pm me and come and see for your self mate no need for the bitchie comments i think your full of shit and you have a hard on for these dogs but you made the wrong choice along the way atb with you whippet :thumbs:

Are you saying the 1/4 doesn't bring anything else to the table???

Why not just run greyhounds and whippets then???

There's good in bad in every dog pure or x, it's a little short sighted to tar every dog with the same brush... Troters offered you a day or night to see his dog run why not just take up the offer and have a run out.... You never know you might change your mind..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

The beddy whippet is one dog I've never given much consideration or thought too.

I've really explored most other crosses, bull cross, collie, saluki, deerhound etc.

However from reading posts on here the beddy whippet seems to...

Enter cover, bush and flush.

Be fast enough to catch rabbits daytime.

Be capable of lamping.

Have potential to take on bigger stuff.

Be capable of taking feather in cover.

Make good ratting dogs.

If I had one it would be beddy/whip back to whippet I think to keep the speed up.

Anyone who's got one and works it as an "all rounder" can you give me a quick summary of how you find them?

Thanks

Gaz

lack speed like a whippet does

Bedlington blood has been put in lurcher lines for decades, I'm sure if they were that crap it would have died out years ago......

There's room for all the various xs mate, collie, saluki, whip, grey etc.... Each to there own I say....

• Like 1

The beddy brings feck all to the table.imo.Can't be arsed with Internet rabbit running

You must be kidding? Have you seen one work?

I've got a 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy and the drive and determination inside this dog is unreal.

He tries harder and wants his quarry more than any dog I've owned or worked.

He just seems to know what to do and where to be at the right time aswell.

• Like 2

i got a 1/2 grey ,.1/4 whip,.1/8 ,.beddy, 1/8 collie..........shes a wee cracker that wont say no to any thing and shes shes under .......23" tts .......

beddy in a lurcher with greyhound is a great combination..............i just feel that beddy whips although great dogs .............lack a bit of pace for certain jobs,..........i prefer more aptions in a dogs armory.......... :thumbs:

The beddy whippet is one dog I've never given much consideration or thought too.

I've really explored most other crosses, bull cross, collie, saluki, deerhound etc.

Be capable of lamping.

Make good ratting dogs.

If I had one it would be beddy/whip back to whippet I think to keep the speed up.

Anyone who's got one and works it as an "all rounder" can you give me a quick summary of how you find them?

Thanks

Gaz

speak to northern light he has few of them doing the business
  • Like 2

Be capable of lamping.

Make good ratting dogs.

Thanks

Gaz

speak to northern light he has few of them doing the business

This thread is 12 months old fella, ive spoke to alot of people since i started this thread and got a beddy/greyhound now. Cheers.

Be capable of lamping.

Make good ratting dogs.

If I had one it would be beddy/whip back to whippet I think to keep the speed

Thanks

Gaz

My whipet X Bedlington, ticked all the above boxes, but wasn't keen on bigger stuff,

but when she was bred to a whippet, one of the pups would do the lot,

lost contact with rest of owners, so cant say how they did.