first attempt at one of midnights blanks

looks good paul . its a user not a looker but that fine , you will learn lots by using it and it might shape what you do with your next design !!

why not try a patina on the bleade next ?

you can use branston pickle tomato sauce hotdog mustard . just aply it in some sort of patern on the blade and leave it over night wash off with clean tap water and the acids or vinigar content + vegatable extract will leave a dark pattern on the blade . it looks good . but if you dont like it 600grt paper will rub it off .

looks good paul . its a user not a looker but that fine , you will learn lots by using it and it might shape what you do with your next design !!

why not try a patina on the bleade next ?

you can use branston pickle tomato sauce hotdog mustard . just aply it in some sort of patern on the blade and leave it over night wash off with clean tap water and the acids or vinigar content + vegatable extract will leave a dark pattern on the blade . it looks good . but if you dont like it 600grt paper will rub it off .

knifes covered in insulation tape and brown sauce as i type, making me hungry i can smell bacon butties :laugh:

brown sauce good call .

better than the feric chloride acid i have to work with horrible stuff it is when the knife comes out it smell like burn caps from the kids guns , i like that tho its a nice smell but the black slime that comes off stains your skin .... yeah HP sauce that the way to go paul . im just about to have a steak on a the BBQ !!!

brown sauce good call .

better than the feric chloride acid i have to work with horrible stuff it is when the knife comes out it smell like burn caps from the kids guns , i like that tho its a nice smell but the black slime that comes off stains your skin .... yeah HP sauce that the way to go paul . im just about to have a steak on a the BBQ !!!

sulpher then :laugh: see whot it looks like in the morning :thumbs: