ALLROUNDER

Wat im sayin is it wouldnt be an allrounder for me because i do more than ratsbut, but if some one got a dog for just ratting n ratting only then surely its an allrounder for there hunting needs?

Mate if you use a dog for ratting its a ratting dog, same as a dog only used on rabbits is a rabbit dog, how can a dog only taking one quarry or doing what pleases its owner be classed as an all-rounder?

I've got a dog here all she does is rabbits but she pleases me but she ain't no all-rounder.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 man's defination off allrounder differ's from the next ,imo the dog must take rabbit/rats /hare /fox/deer on different type's of terrain ,work round hole's be able draw when required ,trained 2 high

My dogs are allrounders, - They're shit at everything     :laugh:   Cheers, D.

if you wrote a list of all the things a true allrounder should be capable of according to the members on here i think there would be fewer dogs capable than what lads would have you believe,just a gue

I under stand were u are coming from, but i would say its an allrounder for that persons hunting needs if he does ratting only. Its one of them threads thats going to have alot of opinions lol before u kno it it will turn into a slaggin match "my dog has bigger muscles than yours so mine is a better allrounder" haha atb walshy

IMHO an all round dog would also retrieve shot game from land and water like a retriever......

What happens if you dont shoot ?

Then, again just my own opinion, it would just be an animal that takes a wide variety of game not an all round dog........

i think iceman came up with the right answer what the owner wants it to do i know one of mine would retrieve from water it would do what it was told . But again my opinion of a allrounder is take everything edible atb

You are contradicting yourself now you said that the lad with the Hancock dog hasn't got an all-rounder because it dosen't do teeth yet your all-rounder takes all edible game, you eat a lot of foxes then do you?

i would class an allrounder a dog that does everything including teeth maybe should put a fullstop behind everything my mistake i will edit it again you happy atb

So an all rounder in everybodys eyes is different. Adam a rabbit dog should do all that that is what is called a rabbit dog not a all rounder. An allrounder in my eyes is a dog that does that plus takes all other quarry.Everybody got diifferent opinions so is there an allrounder?

I dont play cricket,rugby,basketball or tennis but i can play football......................im a great allround sportsman you know :laugh:

If you can get an allround " rabbit dog "....then what are you going to call an allround dog that will take allround quarry ?

Edited by gnasher16

I dont play cricket,rugby,basketball or tennis but i can play football......................im a great allround sportsman you know :laugh:

If you can get an allround " rabbit dog "....then what are you going to call an allround dog that will take allround quarry ?

A GOOD ALLROUNDER

1 man's defination off allrounder differ's from the next ,imo the dog must take rabbit/rats /hare /fox/deer on different type's of terrain ,work round hole's be able draw when required ,trained 2 high standard must have a knowledge of the land its hunt good fieldcraft ,but like i said everyone got their own idea's what it should be :thumbs:

• Like 3

1 man's defination off allrounder differ's from the next ,imo the dog must take rabbit/rats /hare /fox/deer on different type's of terrain ,work round hole's be able draw when required ,trained 2 high standard must have a knowledge of the land its hunt good fieldcraft ,but like i said everyone got their own idea's what it should be :thumbs:

It looks that way just trying to get everyone opinion atb

You must have some hearing to hear that atb

Well you tell me then son maybe im a bit thick.....whats the difference between a good allrounder.....and a GOOD ALLROUNDER ?

Im not your son you must a bit thick its the same just bigger words Edited by nothernlite