Rabbit "no show"

Been out for the last 3 weekends now, and I haven't seen 1 rabbit . Starting to worry a bit .last year had a bit of a run in with a ground keeper to a local cricket club.basically my permission is on the back of his club .all i'm worried about is "could he spread myxomatosis purposely".i know of a golf course not far away that had myxomatosis just before Xmas .this guy is a real knob and any thing is possible .usually this time of year I,m seeing 20/30 youngsters hopping around .but so far this year nothing.also just outside the warrens there s no pellets or nothing .I've tried early mornings and late evenings and still no sight.All this because I parked once in the cricket grounds car park .

i was talking to a lurcherman in the forest of dean an he said the numbers are really low,he said hes seen a couple a night when lambing on a couple of farms .

ive noticed that around monmouth you dont see much sign droppings etc,

ive seen 2 so far in a field backing onto a house i was visiting,

most ive seen in a year was about 20 in one field inbetween hereford an monmouth one evening.

my permissions arent what they were last year and i have not seen mixi i put it down to people who have not got permission poaching nothing else it can be really.

If you're not seeing myxi'd bunnies, its probably RVHD. It pops up now and then, kills them quick in their burrow and nobody knows why. They just 'disappear'.

Round here, we had a crap year last year for bunnies, but on some of my permissions now they are back to problem level, happily.

I do still have permissions literally 4 miles away that are entirely devoid of bunnies.

At least rabbit populations always bounce back, sooner or later :yes:

If not, I did know of someone who caught rabbits live and transported them to a place that hadnt seen rabbits for years. Then he had healthy populations of rabbits to hunt til today.

Not a method that I'm advocating it lol!

Few and far between here too. Used to have a warren out the back but me and my bro slowly cleared it and it got dug out by the housing firm. Still loads of warrens about, not many rabbits though. There's a big quick b*****d i'm chasing with 'Lola' my ferret, gunna give him a summer swansong and be back at him next season. I haven't seen any young ones at all, bad sign. :(

Same ere in my part ov lancashire, a was out last neet just for a walk on my local golf coarse wi mi pup an he never put nothin up, theres th'odd sign but no actual bunnies, same just around corner just before we ad that last bit ov snow a certain field must av ad 100 bunnies sat at day n neet now not sin a one, NOT GOOD

Hardly seen any rabbits around here these last few weeks but this morning I saw 9 (and shot one). My guess was they were all below ground giving birth and nursing young but now they are venturing back to the surface.