If you feel you need one make sure you do get a good one, why would you put 2 or 3 grands worth of kit on a 25 quid tripod, a good make to look for are Manfrotto they're probably number one , i have a Manfrotto Monopod that i use from time to time and find it way less cumbersome and it doubles up as a walking stick and the monopods wont break the bank

Tripods. ive been told they are very important. so not to buy a crap one. what would you folks recomend. and why. :D

If your doing Landscapes you'll need a Tripod...agree with Coyote Hunter you better off with a good sturdy one you geyt what you pay for...Manfrotto is a top make some good deals on Ebay :thumbs:

I've just remembered, I've got an unused one under the bed that has never been used :yes:

Got it through some loyalty scheme thingy about 10 years ago :icon_redface:

Gonna look it out deckly :laugh: Can't see me taking it out very far though :whistling:

Cheers, D.

i bought one a while ago. a cheap vivitar job. and i wont make that mistake again thats for sure. thanks for your replies :yes: ive an old one. that is made of brass that is that old its garanteed against viking raids :laugh: i'm constantly watching a site called gumtree. and it helps to know what to look out for. :icon_redface: have picked up a remote shutter release. so i'm slowly getting there. cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1

manfrotto, i bought a cheapish tripod and it was a false buy, use it for macro work and the play in the old pod used to annoy the sh1t outta me,

also use it for hdr work, and slow shutter speeds for nighttime photography,

Atb.

Snap.

Found it. Looks a real good, well made bit of kit but can't seem to be able to mount the camera on it. Has a slide type cradle on top, can't see a threaded stud and won't seem to take my compact digi.

Cheers, D. (It's Bilora brand, sorry one of my usual piss poor pics))

post-10409-0-32194800-1332159477_thumb.jpg

You probably have the other peice missing, theres a peice that you attach to the underneeth of your camera,

that unclips off the tripod.

Best picture i could find, although this is slightly different, but you can see the connector on the top of thr tripod.

tripod011.jpg

Cheers Chook, I found it. It was in a box under the bed that had an old, little used, VHS video camera in it.

:hmm: Hmm, maybe anotherproject there LOL

I'm nearly set for a bit of tripodery :laugh:

Cheers, D.