Barnett Black Widow Slingshot

Guest Fishaben

Guest Fishaben

Hi all,

I didnt really know where to put this and thought this would be the best place.

I have just bought one of these slingshots and heard great storys about them. Anybody ever had one and if so, ever catch anything with it??

Ben

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scuba1

Yes I have one of them but I would never take a shot at anything living with it because the / I are / am not acurate enough to make a clean kill. They are a lot of fun bouncing beer cans about none the less and if you have the pull, a 8mm ball bearing will go through a car door :(

ATB

Michael

nice, I'm guessing it would easily kill a living thing no bigger than a rabbit if hit in the head, as it goes through a car door??

Ben

Can but have to be very accurate :victory: I could never do it and Ive had them a while.

Much better on Pigeons, sneek up and look in the trees above, with practise birds are not hard ;)

Stones are naff btw, much better of with steel bearings, but lead is the best on birds.

Guest Scuba1
nice, I'm guessing it would easily kill a living thing no bigger than a rabbit if hit in the head, as it goes through a car door??

Ben

Yes it would and will, but you have to be able to hit it in a spot where it just dropps dead and that is to my mind not posible to do on a consistant basis, therefore I would not reccomend shooting ant anything living

They don´t have these long tubes at the end of rifles for nothing you know ;)

Guest Fishaben

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, And Hob&jill, I got a pidgeon yesterday in the head, killed outright as I snuck up on it and was about 15-20 meters away. And I know what you mean about stones had 1 shot with a stone and it just spun off somewhere, I only use ball bearings now.

Ben

Edited by Fishaben
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, And Hob&jill, I got a pidgeon yesterday in the head, killed outright as I snuck up on it and was about 15-20 meters away. And I know what you mean about stones had 1 shot with a stone and it just spun off somewhere, I only use ball bearings now.

Ben

:good:

Yeh, stones arnt too good, too inconsistant in size and shape so you never really get used to it. They also ruin the leather pouch, tear it up etc. The bearings are expensive but if your only shooting it occasionally there ok.

Word of warning aswel. I once let my mate have a go on mine, his first go. He pulled back let go an the stone (didnt know about bearings them) it hit one of the metal forks, came back and smashed one of his front teeth out. Wasnt nice, make sure you show people how to use them of they havent before :victory:

Ebay have some quite cheap ones, can get 1000 for about £15 I think. Theres one guy who sells lead balls aswel, pricy though.

Just had a look about if its legal or not, cant find anything saying it is or isnt.

The warrener is fecked if it is, a guy on his dvd knocks down Hares, Rabbits, Partridge, Pheasent and Pigeon with his :icon_eek: He is a fecking amazing shot with it, but Hares is pushing it :no: Pigeons come down like they been shot with a .410 :thumbs-up:

I will keep looking for the legalitys if it :victory: