while making a few cattys to hunt with..i have made a fair few. as i like to take one out with me just to say i have shot this hare nd dog retreved it mr police officer...dont know if it will work. my dog does not catch hares anyway but just in case i get luck or unlucky,,, :whistling: :whistling: now ive made the side shooter with the bands going over top,,,but i think the design of the side shooter is more suited to shooting through forks ,, i have tryed both ways just wondered if any other lads have tryed this way,, as i find this way better as the pouch dose not hit your knuckles due to it goig though forks not over top..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(so whats your point it states i dont need one...) yes i did have a woody sat in my tree,, shot it with my aluminium catty nd i had it for my tea,,i hope your not going to tell on me,,,it was eyeing

he who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak... byby baby boy dont cry will you :laugh:

Better than the Airgunning section this :laugh:

One thing buddy

If you kill anything and dont have permission on the land you are open to prosecution

And also it needs to be under the general license as pest control also

Atb rob

yes i know this about permision,,but the law has alots of grey area's,,i would not want a general licese for pest control,, unless it was free,,i dont think its needed if you have permission to be on the land,,do you know of anyone thats been taken to court with permission to be on land but never had a pest control license?it would be a waste of police time nd laughed out of court.. saying that i would not put it to the test...strange thing the law i for one dont understand its finer points,,,

Shooting through the forks or over the top won't effect whether or not you get hand slaps.

the side shooter design was made to shoot through the forks :thumbs: so you get hit bye the pouch on knuckles when shooting through the forks and over the top?cant help you on that one sorry ..

No not a pest control license

You need to be controlling pest under the general licenses otherwise you are breaking the wildlife act

Atb rob

just looked at rules on basc to shoot on land with permish... i can not find anything about general liceses needed..or anything about breaking the wildlife act without one.. :hmm: i hope i am not being rude in asking you to explain what you are talking about?

You need to be controlling pest under the general licenses otherwise you are breaking the wildlife act

Atb rob

just looked at rules on basc to shoot on land with permish... i can not find anything about general liceses needed..or anything about breaking the wildlife act without one.. :hmm: i hope i am not being rude in asking you to explain what you are talking about?

try this link on basc again ,you might find something here on pest control and general license.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/shooting/pest-and-predator-control/

Atb rob

try this link on basc again ,you might find something here on pest control and general license.

http://www.basc.org....edator-control/

yes thats what i read it says i dont need one but must follow laws on them am i reading this right?

At one time you could go out and kill things for the pot but things have changed. So now there are the general licenses that protect animals and they can only be controlled for certain reason

Wood pigeons can be controlled for crop protection

Rabbits for crop protection and animal welfare

Feral pigeons crop protection and health reasons as they carry disease

Corvids to protect song birds

Grey squirrels to protect song birds and because the carry disease that kills reds

Hope this helps

So if you have a wood pigeon sat in a tree in your garden you cannot kill it as its not for crop protection

Atb rob

(so whats your point it states i dont need one...) yes i did have a woody sat in my tree,, shot it with my aluminium catty nd i had it for my tea,,i hope your not going to tell on me,,,it was eyeing my seedlings sitting in my pots,,good job i am a catty crack shot,,i shot it with 5mm steel which i got out of a kids bike wheel,,,but hey dont tell mydogsbetter cos he will put it in a 9 page letter rantting on about how to shoot,,so the moral of this little rym is if i'am caught i'll do the time,,please dont comment on my post if all you do is brag nd boast,,if ive comitted any crime to shoot on land when i get time,, to hunt with dogs wild nd free isnt that how its what meant to be,,so here's to all your silly rules i will use them to wipe away my stools :thumbs: :thumbs: atb micckey
  • Like 1

Shooting through the forks or over the top won't effect whether or not you get hand slaps.

the side shooter design was made to shoot through the forks :thumbs: so you get hit bye the pouch on knuckles when shooting through the forks and over the top?cant help you on that one sorry ..

If you get hit by the bands, it's either because your ammo is too light for the bands or your shooting form is bad. It's nothing to do with through or over the forks.