Bedouin salukis hunting tonight..

Just noticed this is on tonight on the National Geographical channel, 7pm. "Hunting Hounds of Arabia". "How the Bedouin train their saluki hunting dogs to chase gazelle, and why they treat them like kings". :clapper: First shown this morning at 8am and again this afternoon at 1pm. Might be worth a look. Don't know if it's been shown before.

Just noticed this is on tonight on the National Geographical channel, 7pm. "Hunting Hounds of Arabia". "How the Bedouin train their saluki hunting dogs to chase gazelle, and why they treat them like kings". :clapper:  First shown this morning at 8am and again this afternoon at 1pm. Might be worth a look.  Don't know if it's been shown before.

Nice one :good: It's on again in 20 mins (7pm) and again on +1 so I'm gonna watch it while the kids go to bed. Thanks for the tip :D

Guest MikefromHereford

Watched it this afternoon, the fox at the end seemed a long chase.Good strike.

Could not believe what the dogs were running on, stones ? more like bricks.

Nice to see how the dogs are respected amongst the owners, especially the old dogs at the table.

The fact the fox was killing lambs seemed similar to our country not so long ago !

Out now with my 3, its first light, hoping to course a rabbit, abit far from home !

Mike

Guest HAWKEYE
I aint got sky so it aint no use to me. Are they just pure bred saluki?

I dont know anything about salkuki's you say they run on stones? do they have good feet then?

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN??????? :unsure: :search:

yOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN RUMBLED

Guest bez_3d

I just dont know much about saluki crosses or salukis. Not used much here in cheshire grounds to small where i live. Everyone says they dont have enough ecceleration for our small fields. Not much gets away from a 3/4 collie cross though. Pretty much your best bet for the hares around here.

Guest bez_3d

Fair enough lad. Just saying that where i'm from near chester not many people keep that cross. A few lads wh do a bit near Altcar and north liverpool keep them but not near me.

Guest HAWKEYE

i LIVE IN AN AREA WITH ABSOLUTELY TINY FIELDS BEZ, NOONE ROUND HERE WILL TOLEREATE A COURSING DOG WITH NO SALUKI BLOOD, it seems hard to beliveve that no one down there doesnt run a saluki????????

Just how much cousing have you done?