Swans shot....What ever happened?.

Back in Feb 2011(ish)there were 30(ish) swans shot in the Wedmore area of Somerset. Pauline Kidner, from Secret World Animal Sanctuary, offered £10,500 reward, and Terry Pratchet made it up to £25,000. The Police then arrested 3 men aged 45, 37 and 34. Police said the arresta were a result of the £25,000 reward. What i want to know is what ever happened to these 3 blokes?, did they get charged?, did they go to court?, or what?. The reason i ask is today, while working at a pud, i over heard a group of women talking about these swan killings. To cut a long story short they came to the conclusion that because no one had ever been caught for the killings, ALL guns should be banned, any one how owns a gun is evil and it's all macho blood lust. I would like to know if they ever charged anyone. If they have it should be publicised, people that do shit like this need to be caught and punished, otherwise the public will want all guns banned.

That fine just relates to the illegal possession of a shotgun and not the killing of the swans.

If you had asked me what would someone get if caught with a shotgun and no SGC, i would have said a couple of months inside. £750 fine is nothing.

My thought exactly. I always thought if you had an illegal firearm then it was instant prison time, not just some fine.

someone killed a load of swans in derbyshire -- cut the breast meat off and left the remains ...

Same thing happened in Cambridgeshire. They had a big feature on it on the local radio at the time. They said that poaching was on the increase in the area, with sheep being killed and professionally butchered - farmers just finding the remains in the field, swans being breasted, rivers been dragged with nets to get all the fish etc...

someone killed a load of swans in derbyshire -- cut the breast meat off and left the remains ...

Same thing happened in Cambridgeshire. They had a big feature on it on the local radio at the time. They said that poaching was on the increase in the area, with sheep being killed and professionally butchered - farmers just finding the remains in the field, swans being breasted, rivers been dragged with nets to get all the fish etc...

same sort of story here --- immigrants been getting the blame for it---

That was the conclusion here too from the reports.

That was the conclusion here too from the reports.

I cant understand it, they dont even taste nice :whistling:

• Like 1