when s every one stopping

Bunnies are breeding all year round down here in the South.

I'm not sure how some of my rabbit contracts would feel if I suggested stopping to provide rabbits for next season.

In my experience it doesn't matter how hard you hit them in the summer months; they simply breed more to fill the vacuum.

• Like 1

slowing down but i wont be stopping. i have my permission to do as i please and keep the guy happy so instead of taking everything i can ferreting,shooting ect ill just go steady with the dogs. take the odd few here and there. keeps the guy sweet, keeps me and the dogs going and wont hit the population very hard as once the cover is up the dogs have very little chance and there isnt much open ground left.

mines mostly crop fields and rough ground for the pheasants.

the other is a few grass fields with loads of cover to allow the bunnys a safe retreat.

finished for season me will just stick to a bit of ratting and if dog picks something up on a walk so be it, seen hare pairing up round our way and had a couple of milky bunnys. no doubt the summer boys will be out in their shorts and sunglasses hammerin f**k out of everything as they do, wankers.

There are places we ferret which just never dry up. usually because the warrens are next to places like old quarries, landfill sites, big unferretable banks etc. No matter how hard you hit the surrounding land there's a never ending supply waiting to move in to the vacant warrens.

Ferreting is just about over down here: too many young running about through the nets. We'll lamp until the corn is too high to see the rabbits then stop.