bonar bridge near tain , do yourself a favour

i just had to share this with the people who are thinking of shooting or fishing in tain and need somewhere to stay.

my job involves a lot of working away and this week have been in the highlands in various places and stay in different places most days.

we looked on the satnav and saw a place called bonar , as being big kids the name made us chuckle and thought it would be great to say we stayed in bonar, we called them a day before and booked a couple of rooms which just so happened is meant to be digs for shooters and fisherman alike so i would of enjoyed the stay gassing about huntng etc with the locals.

the locals knew better then to be within 100 yards of this place.

oh my f*****g god !!!! the place was something out of 'the hills have eyes' , it was 200 years old and hadnt been refurbed since the day it was built ( ok maybe the last time it took a lick of paint had to be 70 - 100 years ago i kid you not)

on entering the pub / b&b we was greated with the smell of stale wet dog with a bit of piss thrown in the mix, ok its for one night i can handle this i thought, a lab runs up to me and proceeds to stick its muzzle in my bollocks, the weird woman said dont worry she is friendly just dont put your face near her as she will bite !! lol , by now it was quite obvious they dont get many visitors and this was going to be a long night.

we tried to order a couple of beers but only had tennants which i f*****g hate so gave that a miss , we then ordered food..i ordered a 10oz ribeye steak with all the trimmings.

when it turned up and was pretty much thrown at me the bloke stood over us making sure we ate it , at this point i was wondering if he had jizzed on it or it was the last person who stayed here.

so there i sat trying to eat while having a dog muzzling my bollocks which was going to latch on to me at any time while having the adamms family looking over us ( we was the only people in this place) , as the pub was getting cold the woman said she was going to put something on the fire, expecting her to come back wth some wood imagine my surprise when she put what i think was a nappy !!

the atmosphere was what can only be described as scary, and as we sat there watching this nappy burn we knew we had to make our next move.

making our excuses and being to knackered to find somewhere else we went to our rooms , i wish i had taken a pic now... i think the matteress had been stuffed with pubes and straw, mould all over the walls and the duvet was damp borderline wet.

i slept fully clothed that night with a banned 1950's bar heater on full blast.

after a not very good nights kip and went downstairs for 7am to meet my mate for breakfast i was greeted by snarling lab (which apparantly 4 years old and still in training)

my mate sat there with sheer terror on his face , he leant over the table and wispered that his room door had been opened during the night but he hadnt thought he had been tampered with lol

you know the small jars of jam you get in b&bs, well all of these ones had been opened and refilled, the ketchup had gone a funny colour and the sell by date was 2010.

after our fry up was once again thrown at us we quickly got our stuff together and got the f**k out of dodge.

we jumped in the van and took one look at each other and sat in silence for the first 30 mins of our journey worrying when food poisoning would set in but my mate is more concerned when he will get fully blown AIDS.

i really did expect to see the owners wearing a previous persons skin .

so take heed my warning

DO NOT STAY IN BONAR ... we was luckily enough to get away with our lives but you may not be that lucky.

YOU WAS WARNED!!

everything i have said is the truth .

• Like 4

prior to this i havent had much work in scotland , now without trying to sound a bit up myself but i come away wanting to paint my face blue and scream ' freeedooommm' in everyones face.

needless to say i made sure we stayed in novotels and premier inns for a few days , saying that the b&b in aultbea was nice but once again the landlords get quite excited when someone rocks up in there sleepy village and the board they charge obviously keeps the rest of the villagers in smack for a while.

well im in wales and manchester next week , and i havent many bad ones in wales now manchester maybe intresting .

edit . just been told ive got to go up scotland again soon , the boss said it laughing ..... oh pay back is gonna be a bitch

mind you i did see a few stags while i was there so made it worth while , and whats with the goats everywhere?? i did try bowling one over in the van but had a close call with a sheer drop and im sure i heard the little horned beastie laughing as i slid all over the road

i just had to share this with the people who are thinking of shooting or fishing in tain and need somewhere to stay.

my job involves a lot of working away and this week have been in the highlands in various places and stay in different places most days.

we looked on the satnav and saw a place called bonar , as being big kids the name made us chuckle and thought it would be great to say we stayed in bonar, we called them a day before and booked a couple of rooms which just so happened is meant to be digs for shooters and fisherman alike so i would of enjoyed the stay gassing about huntng etc with the locals.

the locals knew better then to be within 100 yards of this place.

oh my f*****g god !!!! the place was something out of 'the hills have eyes' , it was 200 years old and hadnt been refurbed since the day it was built ( ok maybe the last time it took a lick of paint had to be 70 - 100 years ago i kid you not)

on entering the pub / b&b we was greated with the smell of stale wet dog with a bit of piss thrown in the mix, ok its for one night i can handle this i thought, a lab runs up to me and proceeds to stick its muzzle in my bollocks, the weird woman said dont worry she is friendly just dont put your face near her as she will bite !! lol , by now it was quite obvious they dont get many visitors and this was going to be a long night.

we tried to order a couple of beers but only had tennants which i f*****g hate so gave that a miss , we then ordered food..i ordered a 10oz ribeye steak with all the trimmings.

when it turned up and was pretty much thrown at me the bloke stood over us making sure we ate it , at this point i was wondering if he had jizzed on it or it was the last person who stayed here.

so there i sat trying to eat while having a dog muzzling my bollocks which was going to latch on to me at any time while having the adamms family looking over us ( we was the only people in this place) , as the pub was getting cold the woman said she was going to put something on the fire, expecting her to come back wth some wood imagine my surprise when she put what i think was a nappy !!

the atmosphere was what can only be described as scary, and as we sat there watching this nappy burn we knew we had to make our next move.

making our excuses and being to knackered to find somewhere else we went to our rooms , i wish i had taken a pic now... i think the matteress had been stuffed with pubes and straw, mould all over the walls and the duvet was damp borderline wet.

i slept fully clothed that night with a banned 1950's bar heater on full blast.

after a not very good nights kip and went downstairs for 7am to meet my mate for breakfast i was greeted by snarling lab (which apparantly 4 years old and still in training)

my mate sat there with sheer terror on his face , he leant over the table and wispered that his room door had been opened during the night but he hadnt thought he had been tampered with lol

you know the small jars of jam you get in b&bs, well all of these ones had been opened and refilled, the ketchup had gone a funny colour and the sell by date was 2010.

after our fry up was once again thrown at us we quickly got our stuff together and got the f**k out of dodge.

we jumped in the van and took one look at each other and sat in silence for the first 30 mins of our journey worrying when food poisoning would set in but my mate is more concerned when he will get fully blown AIDS.

i really did expect to see the owners wearing a previous persons skin .

so take heed my warning

DO NOT STAY IN BONAR ... we was luckily enough to get away with our lives but you may not be that lucky.

YOU WAS WARNED!!

everything i have said is the truth .

im sure lab and undisputed are from bonar :thumbs: