Barbed wire

How many of you work your dogs near barbed wire? Recently on morning walks where I go over local fields just for the dogs to stretch their legs I've seen plenty rabbits but don't let the dogs course as barbed wire is everywhere!! Am I being too soft? So I ask how do your dogs work along side this man made crap?

How many of you work your dogs near barbed wire? Recently on morning walks where I go over local fields just for the dogs to stretch their legs I've seen plenty rabbits but don't let the dogs course as barbed wire is everywhere!! Am I being too soft? So I ask how do your dogs work along side this man made crap?

part and parcell of lurcherwork mate, unavoidable :thumbs:
  • Like 1

part and parcell of lurcherwork mate, unavoidable :thumbs:

ditto

i dress my dog up like ned kelly in a suit of armour lol every where we run our dogs there is bard wire thats why i prefer rough coated dogs dont get ripped so easy atb

I wish that were true! Mine opened her chest on barb a couple of years ago and has several more scars all over from smaller nicks.

Since the chest accident, I tend to scope out where I'm walking before I even let her off and I avoid it when/if I can. Found some lovely razor wire embedded in the ground where I was last week - glad I saw it before I set her loose or I could've had a minced dog.

i dress my dog up like ned kelly in a suit of armour lol every where we run our dogs there is bard wire thats why i prefer rough coated dogs dont get ripped so easy atb

I wish that were true! Mine opened her chest on barb a couple of years ago and has several more scars all over from smaller nicks.

Since the chest accident, I tend to scope out where I'm walking before I even let her off and I avoid it when/if I can. Found some lovely razor wire embedded in the ground where I was last week - glad I saw it before I set her loose or I could've had a minced dog.

Why would there be razor wire?who put it there?

Unless she is a fecking psychic how is she supposed to know who put it there ???

• Like 2

No idea Tayto .... it's wrapped along the bottom of a fence, all stuck into the mud. There's another place I go, lots of cover and loaded with rabbits. And if I hadn't checked it out before I let the dogs off they'd have run through a load of smashed glass that's been chucked into a banking, or possibly into the massive roll of razor wire laid across the ground and wrapped around a bunch of wood and barb. I've had a few accidents with mine - one resulted in a gruesome death - so now I'm overly careful. I don't just let them run willy nilly till I know what to look out for.

Unless she is a fecking psychic how is she supposed to know who put it there ???

Socks I am a woman - I'm a mind reader and a psychic. You should know that much by now lol

Well everywhere I go is full of barb but you cant avoid it , you have to adapt around it , yes your dogs can get injured but what can you do , I prefer to walk the land day time to check that there are no off cuts of broken fences that have wire lying around but other than that it's down to the dogs to jump I suppose

Atb lads JD :thumbs:

Edited by J.DOG

Well socks.If someone is using RAZOR WIRE!!! Bet your ass,your not ment to be there!

Im guessing your a townie.

• Like 1