Sad day to see Mr Nuttals old stuff isn,t so easy to get hold of anymore i,ve had the old lines for nearly twenty five years and am now down to my last dog who,s twelve and still game as hell,like all the old lines he virtually entered himself at eight months old on foxes like the other five generations i,ve had of his line and regardless of depth,quarry or time underground i havent seen one back down as yet but as some of you have said the newer lines are rather small and not as robust as they used to be.Personally i,ll be sorry to see my last dog go and life wont be the same without him or one of his line around and rather dull and boring i should imagine.Shame that money interferes with top quality breeding but then thats the way of the world.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen a few of the bigger nuttall terriers work,personally i liked them back then,but they always used to be too hard and take a lot of stick,now i've seen a smaller size in them ,i just thought that some of his terriers

were naturally small,didn't realize they were becoming smaller generally as some of you mention on this thread,

Higgins.

Guys, I don't normally right on hunting life but after readying all this about Mr Nuttall's terriers I find it only fair to comment. Mr Brian Nuttall is a very knowledgable man with regards to working terriers and at the age of 75 yrs is still working is terriers on a semi professional basis for a local hunt, along with myself, how many of you can say at 75yrs you will still be working terriers ?

Also you question the ability of Mr Nuttalls breading / terriers, let me tell you on 13th January 2007 "YES" this year we entered ratty a 11" bitch waying about 10 lbs, the earth looked small but on a large back. 11 hrs later and after digging 26 ft with the aid of a JCB we reached ratty and a large dog fox weighing in excess of 20 lbs. and you question the ability of this breading. . . . . . .. . . . .

Super reply BUT Brian has seen the lure of the yankee dollar and as for Hunt terrierman is that a recomendation in your opinion for ANYTHING let alone working terriers the old argument that some work will always be the case as in some are bred from workers but most are snipey looking fellows who couldnt possibly hold their own!

No one would deny that Brian has a wealth of experiance and SOME of his dogs are the gravey but as with qa lot of names many are just puppy producers!

Just my opinion and what do i know eh! :thumbs-up:

What it shows is that terriermen are passinate about their sport cock not 5 minute wonders and yes i would say that most terriermen are pretty tough individuals just like their terriers just go to a show and look fella

hence the your words not mine Bitcheyness! :censored:

:laugh: The terriers Do bring out the best and the worst in people. :yes: I thought it was just that many or most in the UK didn't understand the DIVERSITY that is required of these dogs in the US. The small wee terriers many wouldn't give the time of day are the Choice terrier in the US... again Depending on the region, what game is most widely available in that region. I love seeing the bigg'ns but they would literally be useless here. Does that mean I'm saying they aren't Good... even Great terriers? No, that is not at all what I am saying... just saying what Works for You is what You Need and Desire. As has been said.... To each their own. :victory: :secret:

you are spot on DeanD,terriers do seem to bring out the best and the worst in all of us,maybe it's because we are so strongly in favour of terriers,all i can say is no matter what the current controversy is regarding who bred what and where,i always think to myself thank god he created terriers(and all other hunting dogs in their diversity)because for myself i am useless without one,cheers,

Higgins.

Guys, I don't normally right on hunting life but after readying all this about Mr Nuttall's terriers I find it only fair to comment. Mr Brian Nuttall is a very knowledgable man with regards to working terriers and at the age of 75 yrs is still working is terriers on a semi professional basis for a local hunt, along with myself, how many of you can say at 75yrs you will still be working terriers ?

Also you question the ability of Mr Nuttalls breading / terriers, let me tell you on 13th January 2007 "YES" this year we entered ratty a 11" bitch waying about 10 lbs, the earth looked small but on a large back. 11 hrs later and after digging 26 ft with the aid of a JCB we reached ratty and a large dog fox weighing in excess of 20 lbs. and you question the ability of this breading. . . . . . .. . . . .

Foxhunting 1, i had "Ratty" as a youngster down from Brian to enter for him,the little bitch was "100%" when i sent her back up,as you know "she is small" but she made alot of these so say "strong dog's" look bloody stupid!!..

The peoplle who slag Brian off on here make me laugh,they bang on about how good thier dog's are and yet i'm not sure when they go digging because there alway's on this forum slagging people off!!!!!!!

yes i do and thanks wasnt thinking i have both nuttal line old line is a bit bigger but the heart stayed the same i have a little bitch runt and she stayed 9hours 42mins in ground not a move she is off the new line again they have stood the test of time for me every terrierman likes his own and this one works for me thanks again

good for you mate, I had one to was shite

cadders is right, i know brian and have worked several of he,s dogs, some good some shite, he used to have some good stock and probably still has and obviously he knows his stuff but the quality coming out of he,s kennels lately is mostly shite ££££££££

good for you mate, I had one to was shite

cadders is right, i know brian and have worked several of he,s dogs, some good some shite, he used to have some good stock and probably still has and obviously he knows his stuff but the quality coming out of he,s kennels lately is mostly shite ££££££££

its a pitie his own new line has come to this are is it a case there is two sides to his yard working and selling and depends on whos calling which side the pups come from