Hard day yesterday.

Guest vin

Hello all

Went out 1st thing yesterday over Nr Scunthorpe on some permission.

The ground was solid and the bunnies were very deep and very reluctant to bolt.

last time we did the same spot we pulled 15 off this particular hedgerow..But yesterday we struggled to get em out.

On one burrow my dog gave the mark on..We popped a ferret in and waited for ages..Nothing..so we ended up putting another in,it was only a small 7 hole type set on a hawthorn hedge..we waited and they came in and out of all holes,But nothing..SO we dropped one more in and as the other 2 came out the last ferret in bounced 2 bunnies out of the same hole, one netted and one off up the hedge with dog in hot pursuit.

my mate was convinced there was nothing home after 1st ferret went in... it just goes to show that sometimes the dog knows better than we do..and if they give a good mark you have to believe em. I do these days. Saves me a lot of netting up for nothing..LOL.

We did a few sets and ended up digging on most of em.

ended the day on a rather miserable 5 and went to shoot some pigeons for farmer instead before the sun came down..all in all a nice day though...the digs were easy after the 1st foot of hard ground. so cant and wont complain..it beats being in the house anyday.

We had a day like this on sunday

They just would not bolt- even with the heavy artillary.

Deep or right inthe middle of the hedge was were they were lying up.

Proper hardcore ferreting.

Ended the session with just three.