half bulls

personally i wouldn't keep a hard terrier, mainly for security reasons, if for some reason a law man or animal cruelty man walks in to my yard and comes accross a broken up tarrier im a suspect straight away and could possibly loose all my dogs and wont be allowed keep as much as a gerbil.Guilty untill proven innocent.

secondly i want my foxes alive to run again, no point digging to a dead fox with hounds looking over your shoulder, we want them to run once dug or bolted.

all my working terriers are well tattoo'd but nobody could accuse me of animal cruelty or "b baiting".

Either way i do not knock genuine digging lads with hard tarriers as i know they have many advantages and in certain circumstances wish i had one wit me but as a whole i prefer handy bayers/mixers that bounce off their game and back them up but can come get back in time to avoid a mauling and get up and jab away again.

Edited by fox digger

Why does everyone seem to think that bullx's are mad hard,agree some are same as a lot of black dogs and russells for that matter,but there are some very good diging bullx's that are just mixers same as any other breed.40 year ago in ireland before the influx of black dogs the bullxrussell was a very popular terrier for diging and was vastly used in this country with great success as was the sealyhamxrussell down the south of the country.I have seen some top bullxrussells work down the years and they were as good as any other terrier i have worked or seen work.

• Like 2

there was a topic only couple of days ago on here a bull russell in usa hunting coons wouldnt say there is many over thisway hunting first cross bulls to big to go to ground

maybe sombody ratting

Too big to go to ground,BULLSHIT,i have one here bullxpatt,halfx and he is smaller than the patts i have or most i have seen.Plenty on here know the dog and have seen him work,will stay to the death,great finder and does not get pushed around.I can remember a time long before the black dogs were brought into this country the russells and bullxrussells of every percentage were the main diging dogs,also matthews 88 i have seen a hell of a lot of small terriers that did not want to go to ground and it was not there size that was stoping them.

its the pit x terrier that dont fit to ground but depends on the ground suppose might be a mine or a man hole depends on the size of the man then some men are bigger then others sum are heavier sum are fatter lol lol

there was a topic only couple of days ago on here a bull russell in usa hunting coons wouldnt say there is many over thisway hunting first cross bulls to big to go to ground

maybe sombody ratting

Too big to go to ground,BULLSHIT,i have one here bullxpatt,halfx and he is smaller than the patts i have or most i have seen.Plenty on here know the dog and have seen him work,will stay to the death,great finder and does not get pushed around.I can remember a time long before the black dogs were brought into this country the russells and bullxrussells of every percentage were the main diging dogs,also matthews 88 i have seen a hell of a lot of small terriers that did not want to go to ground and it was not there size that was stoping them.

its the pit x terrier that dont fit to ground but depends on the ground suppose might be a mine or a man hole depends on the size of the man then some men are bigger then others sum are heavier sum are fatter lol lol

And some are little Darby o gill's like you,not 2 hands higher than a duck,quack quack,lol.

• Like 1

maybe sombody ratting

And some are little Darby o gill's like you,not 2 hands higher than a duck,quack quack,lol.

quack quack that cheered me up lol