pigs trotters

when i was researching about feeding raw a couple years ago it said not to give too much pork, it give my bullie the shits when he had alot of it

wrap it and put in the fridge pointless leaving it out to go off

thats what i thought but as soon as i put it away she wants it back the little fecker haha

i know what you mean, my bullie is 2 1/4 he only stopped being fussy and leaving things about a few months back, dont let it hide them too you wont know where it is until its rancid and stinking :laugh:

haha she wont get chance to hide it only allowed in kitchen with it.

i wouldn't want to feed a pup on pigs trotters

its the first thing thats kept stopped her trashin stuff and she been in the kitchen on her own for first time with out whinin.

its not by any means her main food but thought it might help her get use to fresh stuff and she loves it

i dont think its going to live on them though just more of a chew?

get some chicken carcasses, at 10 kilo it wants 1 kilo of food a day so 2 carcass from the weight of the ones i used to get, then introduce liver and kidneys now and then, fish heads and tail is a good meal too, rabbit is free, if you got room order in some minced beer and tripe, or lamb and tripe from food companys

theres nowt wrong wi pork in moderation,but if the dog as still got its puppy teeth then pigs trotters are a bit pointless, by the time a pup gets into it, itl be bad, they give my adult bullx a good exercise when shes eating one :yes: what about lamb ribs :thumbs:

Roast the trotters in the oven,pour away excess fat,leave to cool,dogs love em,or boil 4 trotters in a big pan for an hour,throw in 4 or 5 bunnys,make sure they are dead and skinned and gutted,another hour and pick all the bones out,the rest will set like a braun jelly.Good treat for the mutts once a week.

i dont think its going to live on them though just more of a chew?

get some chicken carcasses, at 10 kilo it wants 1 kilo of food a day so 2 carcass from the weight of the ones i used to get, then introduce liver and kidneys now and then, fish heads and tail is a good meal too, rabbit is free, if you got room order in some minced beer and tripe, or lamb and tripe from food companys

2 1/2 pound of meat per day for a 3 month old lurcher pup is a ridiculous amount of food and will cause more complications with giving the dog to much protein not to mention a distended gut. Raw offal Is to rich for a pup that young and what is feeding fish tails supposed to bring to the party no nutrition in a finny meatless tail. Chicken is the best all round meat to start a young pup off on then as it grows and has more energy to burn off switch over to fatty beef as the fat will give the youngster all the energy it needs and will stop it taking energy from the meat so that all the protein is converted into building a nice healthy dog ...........

• Like 1