Killed by hounds

Young hounds, lots of excitement and scent and a whipper in who needs a strong word, very poor from the MFH as well

I hope the loss was suitably covered by the guns

Why by the guns, its f**k all to do with them......?

yeah, still their fault though....bleedin shooters! :laugh:

Thats exactly what it is mate...........they'll be big fat fuckers as well and millionaires... :censored:
  • Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why were the hounds on top of the earth anyway?,they should have been held up away a bit anyway and it sounds like the huntsman ain't on his job 100%.Bad old do for sure and sad way to go for a terrie

first of all i dont know the circumstances of this incident and would not blame either party not being present pre ban if a fox was run to ground and terriers were called for the huntsman would conve

why was the hound or hounds uncontrolable ...and I am a terrier man for a pack of hounds lab so I do have a little knowledge on the topic this is how I see it the terrier was called rusty ...that giv

It's not the hounds fault, if they had two foxes bolt I front of them and they left one go you would be pissed right off, to them it was two fixes as the terrier is about the same size and would have smelt the same too, after being up close to the fox which would have pissed all up it !!

I have lost a good black biych the same way and it is shite!! (as she was the last working bitch of that good little line, who was going to be bred only two or three months later!!) But it's also a hazard that hunt terrier men face I'm afraid?!!

Cheers

Oli

Hounds should be held back and if there creeping forward take them further away,poor hound handling and why were guns there anyway if the hounds were that close they wouldn't have got a shot off anyway.Likes been said just poor hunting from every one imo,guns should have said move them,they had no clear shot and they didn't.the hound folk should have had them further away and the terrier man should have told them as well to feck off further back and the terrier payed the price for it,bad old do for sure.

• Like 4

Got no idea mate. Like I said it was a visit day and the terrier man was asked to try bolt one for the gun! Rusty came out right behind as he does normally with his regular pack! I have seen him run with the hounds for half hour before he was caught and put back on the bike.

If this was how this terrier worked then maybe he wasnt suited for working with hounds ...

Can you put a time on the terrier coming out behind a bolted fox?? The fox comes out then the terrier comes out simple everybody knows that. The wee dog has went in and done what was asked of it, Fecking bad news that it was killed by the hounds :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Young hounds, lots of excitement and scent and a whipper in who needs a strong word, very poor from the MFH as well

Because according to the law that allows the use of a terrier to flush a fox it must be flushed to a waiting gun or do you have a different version where you are ?

you ever hunted a full pack of foxhounds lab brought them up from pups and brought them into a full hunting pack

just out of interest

Edited by gonetoearth

you ever hunted a full pack of foxhounds lab brought them up from pups and brought them into a full hunting pack

just out of interest

Nope........but i do know if they step out of line they usually dont get much second chances. And just for the record if it was my dog the would have been dead where they stood. Is there a point too your question..? I have been a few times when the hunt passed through some forestry that we used to rent and have a small syndicate there and if someone out of control hound killed a terrier and the terrierman asked me to put my hand in my pocket he would be politely told to "f**k off" and go speak to the huntsman.

• Like 2

Got no idea mate. Like I said it was a visit day and the terrier man was asked to try bolt one for the gun! Rusty came out right behind as he does normally with his regular pack! I have seen him run with the hounds for half hour before he was caught and put back on the bike.

If this was how this terrier worked then maybe he wasnt suited for working with hounds ...

Can you put a time on the terrier coming out behind a bolted fox?? The fox comes out then the terrier comes out simple everybody knows that. The wee dog has went in and done what was asked of it, Fecking bad news that it was killed by the hounds :thumbdown:

so lukey you disagree with what I wrote ?

just out of interest

Nope........but i do know if they step out of line they usually dont get much second chances. And just for the record if it was my dog the would have been dead where they stood. Is there a point too your question..? I have been a few times when the hunt passed through some forestry that we used to rent and have a small syndicate there and if someone out of control hound killed a terrier and the terrierman asked me to put my hand in my pocket he would be politely told to "f**k off" and go speak to the huntsman.

it was your comments "hit over the back of the neck with a shovel, and" last day out for the hounds" thought you were a huntsman or whipp with these educated comments , having been a few times like you explained above inexperienced people can use your advise if they ever find them selves in this unfortunate situation ;)
  • Like 1

so lukey you disagree with what I wrote ?

Well if I understand your comment right you ment the terrier shouldnt have came out in hot persuit of the fox that he/she had just bolted?There is always the chance of the terrier coming out right on the foxes arse, and Id say most if allowed to will go and look for the fox. What would the terrier that was suited for the job have done? By the way I have never been out with a hunt so dont know anything about hounds, but for the wee dog to be wasted by hounds in my books is pure shite.