whippet vs fox??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose it depends on the type of Whippet you are talking about. I'm sure there is the odd Ped type that will take fox, but I wouldn't call them "fox dogs". The Non-Ped type, especialy the bigger on

people underestimate whippets there game when they get going not all dogs have to be aggressive

a game whippet ffs,even if they could or not its a silly idea to even contemplate it,would be more of a fight than humane pest control in my eyes

As said if entered correctly I don't see why not, if a terrier is capable I don't see why a more agile, bigger dog can't.

Edited to say I would rethink the whippet thing if fox is gonna be your chosen quarry.

would a whippet take on a fox?or would it be a silly idea for a dog?

I had a whippet pre ban had a hatred for fox's take a while to dispash it, she used catch them of the hole out with the terriers and lamp the lil bitch hated them may have just been her but she delt with a good few in her life and didnt bat a eye lid but for an out an out foxing dog i wouldt like to use 1 they would recive a fair bit of punishment

Atb taffyboi

• Like 1

people underestimate whippets there game when they get going not all dogs have to be aggressive

a game whippet ffs,even if they could or not its a silly idea to even contemplate it,would be more of a fight than humane pest control in my eyes
  • Like 2

As said if entered correctly I don't see why not, if a terrier is capable I don't see why a more agile, bigger dog can't.

Edited to say I would rethink the whippet thing if fox is gonna be your chosen quarry.

ye ino russels have really small jaw/teeth to a whippet,should have a good go i suppose

would a whippet take on a fox?or would it be a silly idea for a dog?

I had a whippet pre ban had a hatred for fox's take a while to dispash it, she used catch them of the hole out with the terriers and lamp the lil bitch hated them may have just been her but she delt with a good few in her life and didnt bat a eye lid but for an out an out foxing dog i wouldt like to use 1 they would recive a fair bit of punishment

Atb taffyboi

aslong as the fox was not a big f***er i suppose it would do well pre ban,but if it was a fully grown big fox it would be a silly idea

I suppose it depends on the type of Whippet you are talking about. I'm sure there is the odd Ped type that will take fox, but I wouldn't call them "fox dogs". The Non-Ped type, especialy the bigger ones should be able to do fox , but once again, I wouldn't class them as "fox dogs". Best thing , if you want to take fox, (where it's legal), get the correct dog for the job. Whippets of all types are grand dogs, but theres no point overmatching them, when there are far better crosses for the job.

Cheers.

• Like 5