did think about kayak but there will be more room in a 12 ft fold up for me and my two lads i seen two lads pikeing kayaks on the mersy the other week and thay are tip top for one why wait till the dogs have gone

Because my dogs are my priority, I'd like to go back into fishing again but i'm unable to do the climbing it involves to get to the decent fishing marks (shore fishing that it is, not course) I'll get to do it one day thou. :thumbs:

There are different kinds of fold up boats. I used to have one but it sat so low in the water you may as well as been in a kayak. I just didn't feel safe in it :hmm: . We used to fly in to big lakes in Northern Quebec, Canada and fish 5-6 lb speckled trout and we needed our own boats as we did not use outfitters. The safest boat you can get for this type of fishing is a Zodiac. Here you can get a used Zodiac for about the same price as a fold up boat, 1 person can carry one that is 10 feet or shorter, and they are 100% safe. We had a 10 footer and a 12 footer. If it were me, Zodiac all the way :thumbs:

Edited by Canadian Black Bears
  • Like 1

my mate has the 12ft portabote, go out on the trent on it piking. its really good mate, they are pricey but much better than an inflatable in my opinion. the bottom flexes when you stand on and it takes a little getting used to standing and casting in it but its really stable. i would have one if i had the cash. just loads better than inflating one on the bank and you dont have to tow anything and can be stored dead easily. but if you have the room for a proper solid boat on a trailer id do that, get a lot more for your money.