A night with the new scope!

Nade

Finally recieved my Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x40 scope and was time to change the scope and mounts. But it wasn't soo easy. Lucky for me the tread on the mounts was busted so I wasn't able to take the mounts off, as a result. The drill was taken out!

2s8r7fr.jpg

e3qcj.jpg

After the mounts where taken out I decided to zero the new scope it.. at 9 at night.. Yes at night. Got all the porch lights out and set up targets, within 10 minutes its all set.

I got the scope zero'd at 35 yards and felt like breaking in the scope.

20sizp.jpg

The scope is bigger than the barrel!

Taking the gun to one of my permissions, within 20 minutes I got 3 Rabbits. Success!

34e48pt.jpg

Also have to mention I did use a Deben Tracer Mini Pro for Lamping :)

Edited by Nade

• 4 weeks later...

Nice shooting bud. I wish all my christening outings were that successful :hmm:

Does your zero change when you put your lamping gear on?

Congratulations

Fran

Thanks buddy,

My zero stays the same, I add a piece which snaps onto the tube of the scope which I then add the lamp on. This doesn't alter the movement of the scope keeping the same zero. All that is happening is that It's adding more weight to the gun, and perhaps making it alittle more front heavy or bottom heavy depending on where the lamp is placed. I keep the Lamp in the centre to keep a good balance.

@Bill Thanks, I've had the scope for a good few weeks and I'm extremely impressed with the optics and shaprness it gives. With the increase magnification it has also given me the opportunity to optimize my zero. My recent paper punching at 30 yards resulted in 12 shot grouping within 20mm, definetly a great improvement from my old BSA. A very successful purchase indeed! :)

Edited by Nade

Nice result with your new scope, but I will never understand why anyone needs a 32 mag scope on any sporting rifle, never mind an airgun :blink:

Each to their own I guess :laugh::D

Thinking the same Andy :thumbs:

Fran , whats this about your zero ?

Seems like you have a bit of trouble there ..........

Edited by Buster321c

Nice result with your new scope, but I will never understand why anyone needs a 32 mag scope on any sporting rifle, never mind an airgun :blink:

I dont think I've ever gone above 10x-12x! I got the scope on a great deal, couldn't resist buying it.

Thinking the same Andy :thumbs:

Fran , whats this about your zero ?

Seems like you have a bit of trouble there ..........

Hi Buster,

I have experienced slight changes of my zero point when substantially altering the weight distribution on my springers, especially the .177 ones, as the recoil is harsher.

On the hw97, I once mounted a lamp sideways and when shooting from the bench I could see the groups being wider than I could remember. Removed the lamp, tighter groups.

On another note, yeah I guess the 32x mag only really makes sense for range-finding on the FT range.. I use 10x max when hunting.

I recently missed an opportunity at a squirrel as I could not locate it looking through the scope as the squirrel was too close and the mag had been left on 8x :rolleyes:

Cheers

Fran