Deerhunter or Jack Pyke?

Hi guys, I am looking into getting myself some new gear. It will be used mainly out on decoying for pigeons and some rough shooting. Both these brands offer very similar outfits but deerhunter stuff seems to be the more expensive. Is the extra expensive worth the money? I was looking for a jacket, trousers and some concealment stuff in camo and quite fancied the Jack Pyke English oak stuff. Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys, I am looking into getting myself some new gear. It will be used mainly out on decoying for pigeons and some rough shooting. Both these brands offer very similar outfits but deerhunter stuff seems to be the more expensive. Is the extra expensive worth the money? I was looking for a jacket, trousers and some concealment stuff in camo and quite fancied the Jack Pyke English oak stuff. Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

neither are worth buying go for ridge line one of the lads on here put me on to it top gear

Thanks

neither are worth buying go for ridge line one of the lads on here put me on to it top gear

google scotcountry

The Ridgeline stuff looks top notch but seems more suitable for cold weather conditions. I will be out in cold weather for sure but I was thinking something lighter and I will layer up if necessary so I have the option of wearing it milder days also.

Thanks for the replies BTW.

The Ridgeline stuff looks top notch but seems more suitable for cold weather conditions. I will be out in cold weather for sure but I was thinking something lighter and I will layer up if necessary so I have the option of wearing it milder days also.

Thanks for the replies BTW.

They do light wight too

Agree stig but it's hard getting a good stranded of used gear these days got some good yank lightweight pants but hard to get the gortex gear in good nick

next time i`m at the sales i`ll sort you some out .................

Nothing wrong with deer hunter mate, I've had the Ram jkt and trousers now for at least 10 yr and wear them all the time. Just bought Ridgeline Monsoon jkt, and although it is good it isn't that much better. Both bits of clothing have their own pros and cons.

Nothing wrong with deer hunter mate, I've had the Ram jkt and trousers now for at least 10 yr and wear them all the time. Just bought Ridgeline Monsoon jkt, and although it is good it isn't that much better. Both bits of clothing have their own pros and cons.

I've got deer hunter,Barbour, harkila ,nomad etc deer hunter gets to heavy when wet , their lightweight gear is ok ridge line monsoon smock is ok but the raw is a better coat and pants , , there's loads on the market some over priced and shite

Think I will head down to Glasgow Field Sports and get my hands on what's there. They have not a bad selection and may even head over to Bush Wear in Stirling. I think hands on and then searching on the net is maybe the way to go as now my head is swimming with makes and models. Thanks

I've got deer hunter,Barbour, harkila ,nomad etc deer hunter gets to heavy when wet , their lightweight gear is ok ridge line monsoon smock is ok but the raw is a better coat and pants , , there's loads on the market some over priced and shite

you rate that ridgeline as much as seeland an harkila old yin??? :D