Separation issues

I have an issue with the 2 pup's being separated. The bitch will cry / whine from the moment I go out with the other dog until the moment I return home. The Mrs has said she's tried everything from being nice and spoiling her to completely ignoring her but nothing seems to work ? I can not leave her indoors and just take him lamping / for a walk or ferreting etc as she is that bad with her noise. I have to take both with and leave one in the crate whilst out with the other. Not ideal at all, especially when I leave her as she howls in the car until I return. Anyone got any ideas ??

Cheers, Blackstaff :thumbs:

I don't know what age your pups are, but you have to start seperating them from a young age, it's only natural that they will miss each other.

When I go out and leave any of my dogs, I always give them a bone or pigs ear,just to distract them,and I always leave the radio on.

Not much help I know,but its always worked for me.

• Like 1

I bred the litter so had her since day 1. My other 2 are fine if left it's just the bitch. ( I say pup's but they're 2 :D ) If left in the house with the other 2 she's fine, it's just when I take him out. If I take my SBT ( The Dam ) out she's fine, but I've been told by the Mrs that I cannot leave her at home any more. It's starting to become a nightmare !!

Edited by blackstaff

Try taking the one that's screaming out on it's own for a hour then feed it when you get back in..while it's feeding sneak the other odg into the car..also try giving it some bones to chew..it might work or it might not but worth a try.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

have u got another dog u can try her with i bought a pup the other day he is 12 weeks old put him in the house with my bitch he crys a bit but if he crys i go straight in and tell him to be quiet and another thing i do is got a old rabbit skin and let him go and get it keeps him happy i dont think food is the answer all the time mate let me no how u go on i bet i have had a lot worse dogs so keep trying mate

Millet - I've tried it mate. I've taken her ferreting all day, then went out that night. No difference !! Would of thought she'd be knackered, it's driving us mad !! :D

John - I've got 3 dogs mate, the other 2 are fine. If I left a rabbit fur it would be gone in 2 seconds :D :D