My mate just rang me to say that he took his plummer dog to the vets cos,it was spewing and shitting blood first the vet tested for parvo and lepitosis both came back negative he then asked him about the dogs diet and when he told the vet he was giving the dog grapes as treats the vet reckoned that the dog won't make it til morning cos grapes releases a toxin in the gut and told him to put it down . Have anyone ever heated of this

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds like the vet just knew plummers were shit and didnt want the guy breeding another useless litter maybe

well i just dont use the foods that have been listed to be avoided.   will your dog really suffer if it wasn't fed, grapes, chocolate, onion and garlic?   just because they dont show signs of pro

Yes, grapes are poisonous to dogs and obviously raisins are too.   It takes surprisingly few to do it as well, a small packet of raisins can kill a large dog.   Best wishes to your mate and his do

Grapes and Raisins can cause irreversible damage to the kidneys, possible resulting in death.

Ingesting as few as 4-5 grapes or raisins can be poisonous to a 20 pound dog, though the exact toxic dose is not established.

Signs of toxicity include vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea, abdominal pain, decreased urine production (possibly leading to lack of urine production), weakness and drunken gait.

Onset of signs typically occurs within 24 hours (though they can start just a few hours after consumption)

Your vet may start by inducing vomiting, or the stomach might be pumped (gastric lavage). Treatment involves aggressive supportive care - particularly fluid therapy and medications.

i think its just advisory not to feed grapes and raisins to dogs. they are toxic but alot of dogs will get away with eating them and show no signs of ill affect. just because they show no signs of illness dosent mean there ok for them to eat.

grapes contain a certain chemical which is known toxic to dogs so whether your dogs has eaten them for years with no problems or not ide say dont feed them no more.

same as a few other foods like onions are pretty bad for dogs as well. i was advised to keep away from baby food with my dogs as they can contain a high amount of onion.

obviously chocolate is another bad food.

• Like 1