help, info

right here is the situation, two weeks ago i broke my leg playing rugby, i will be in a cast for another 6 weeks and on crutches. thing is i wont be able to work now for however long it takes to mend because i work on a farm so need my leg. in work i get payed by the hour and am not having any money from work for the time i am away.

does anybody know if there is any compensation or anything i can claim?

hey was just thinking,if you say you did it at work.you would be eligible for industrial injury. it was 40quid a week when i broke my kneecap. its not a lot but better than a poke in the eye. you would need to get the farmer to play ball

As it happenned in sport and not in the workplace, dont think you'll get compensation...unless it was proved to be malicious (assault). Not sure whether your self employed or on the cards but you should be able to get SSP either from your employer or the social....as long as your tax is ok and your stamps. Good luck with the recovery.

Surely you should be insured with your club via your membership? If you are registered player in Wales you are also a member of the WRU. I'd enquire with your club about making an insurance claim and if you have no joy, take it up with the WRU. Your club should offer you some kind of support.. :yes::thumbs:

thanks for the suggestions, i am paying tax and down on the cards as an employee. I will see what i can do!

Ring the jobcentre,you pay tax for situations such as this.

It happened to me 2 years ago,i was on about 85 a week plus i was renting at the time and they took care of that as well....