KEEPERS DOIN VERMIN CONTROL

no doubt this will raise a few comments on the rights and wrongs of terrier work at this time of year, but as a keeper its a essential part of vermin control not only on my estate but hundreds across the country.. so if your going to come up with the "think about next years sport" comments please go read another thread....

we did 6 estates over the last 8 days, covering 10s of thousands of acres.. We had a few good digs and bolts,, accounting for 14 foxs.. one memorable one for me was bolting one from a open patch of ground in a big quarry plantation, there was 6 shots fired only one hitting the target, i let my bitch off she hunted the line for a good way, every one was away back to the botthie thinking it was well gone, my bitch was keen as mustard so let her carrie on hunting , and then bang she found it in a big block of broom.... one of my proudest moments yet with the dogs.... :D:D:tongue2::D:D . on a more comical note the keeper from a estate next door but one to me took me to a hole that he said has never held,, he is a good shot, one who iv never known miss a fox either at the hounds or doin dens. and yep you guessed it, in went the dog, out came the fox, bang, bang, bang went his auto, and away she went for another day... i nearlly pissed my pants laughing :laugh::laugh: a few of the better pictures for you all, and if a mod thinks it needs one with a gun, please dont dellete the thread, pm me and il add one on... happy hunting all ok having probs with photos bare with me

here they are i hope

Edited by alimac

really like the terrier mate is it a bull x pat?

Jon

dont think so, not to my knowledge anyway, just a bitch with a good head...

jock, no leaving that for lamping this coming winter, will pm you his number...

thanks for the comments, ali :victory: