• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah whens she's out and about in all conditions she keep the heat in and water out very well.

Back in the 's and early 90's you'd see a lot of terriers of the Border/Lakie type (crossbreds) with dense hard jackets and skin underneath like a fecking Rino, don't see many about's these days, seem

Posted Images

My terrier has really coarse wire hair but its real tight. Unless you was close enough to touch her you would think she had smooth hair :laugh:

Lolapat

That would be my preference haha.I just didnt have the words for it.A very hard coarse coat that could pass for smooth at a glance til closer inspection.I had a couple dogs like that and they really handled the snow and water well.

My next choice would be the coarse broken.

Thanjs for your description Lolapat,thats what I meant

uru

Yeah whens she's out and about in all conditions she keep the heat in and water out very well.

• Like 1

Back in the 80's and early 90's you'd see a lot of terriers of the Border/Lakie type (crossbreds) with dense hard jackets and skin underneath like a fecking Rino, don't see many about's these days, seems like most folk want and breed to a specific type with a specific name and jacket type is lost on colour.

Many Lakies too would grow a soft linty coat and a top knot under their harder outer jacket, throwbacks to Bedlington ancestry, again, you just don't see it these days.

Shame really, once upon a time it was all about performance... Form should always follow function... ;)

• Like 1
Guest busterdog

A picture speaks a thousand words, Jims coat is smooth to look at but harsh to touch and is good and thick.

DSC00049-2.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

My personal favourite is a thick harsh coat like Mullets

DSC03756.jpg

It's a little better IMO at insulating them from the cold.

• Like 1