What are your thoughts on feeding before a night lamping

a full feed 8-9 hours before lamping and a feed when there finished for the night and full feed again 8-9 hours before lamping the next night and they will run the same again..

if your dog has ever experienced cramp a tin of tomatoes in the feed aswell that will stop that..

i suppose it depends on how much your running, mine are running all night so need plenty of fuel to burn off

I took my Pup out on a pretty long walk last weekend and she couldn't sit still when I got back for about 2 hours. Moving from one place to the next and whining. I figured it was cramp but didn't know how to help her... Tomatoes you say...

nettle stings between the feet can somtimes make dogs go like that,,, had it been running round anywhere , like undergrowth where there where nettles??

Aha, yes. That was also a thought of mine. She was in a lot of undergrowth. And kept licking her feet when she got back too. I have a video actually.lol

th_MOV_0245.jpg

And don't worry she's not getting too comfortable inside. She will be out the end of the month.

Edited by Matt3699

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only give them a breakfast....NEVER feed prior to running a dog...   http://www.eclipse.net/~bobaloo/bloat.htm

I personally would not give them anything for at least 7hrs prior Flick. A well fed/conditioned dog should not need the extra energy just prior to working. Dogs in the wild lie down and sleep after a

a full feed 8-9 hours before lamping and a feed when there finished for the night and full feed again 8-9 hours before lamping the next night and they will run the same again..   if your dog has eve

Depends what you feed your dog mate..

And depends upon the levels of work.

For a local look out here, for whatever i would not feed in the morning.

But for the bigger nights out where you expect many runs i do give an extra feed. You can see the difference :thumbs:

i always feed my dogs as though they were going to have a hard night every time, as you can never be to sure whats going to be out in some places. well round my area.

But for the bigger nights out where you expect many runs i do give an extra feed. You can see the difference :thumbs:

i always feed my dogs as though they were going to have a hard night every time, as you can never be to sure whats going to be out in some places. well round my area.

Unfortunately you can here :laugh:

Unfortunately you can here :laugh:

thats why i added well round my area :laugh:

a full feed 8-9 hours before lamping and a feed when there finished for the night and full feed again 8-9 hours before lamping the next night and they will run the same again..

if your dog has ever experienced cramp a tin of tomatoes in the feed aswell that will stop that..

i suppose it depends on how much your running, mine are running all night so need plenty of fuel to burn off

I took my Pup out on a pretty long walk last weekend and she couldn't sit still when I got back for about 2 hours. Moving from one place to the next and whining. I figured it was cramp but didn't know how to help her... Tomatoes you say...

nettle stings between the feet can somtimes make dogs go like that,,, had it been running round anywhere , like undergrowth where there where nettles??

Aha, yes. That was also a thought of mine. She was in a lot of undergrowth. And kept licking her feet when she got back too. I have a video actually.lol

th_MOV_0245.jpg

And don't worry she's not getting too comfortable inside. She will be out the end of the month.

Would definitely say that is nettles Mat :D

They usually get used to them, if it is too bad, give her a piriton next time :thumbs:

Gorgeous pup :wub:

• Like 1

Not at the momment as im running doggless... :D ...but when in the heat of it my dog's allway's get fed last thing at night just incase of last minute decision's..when they get home they get fed there normal food...be it a hard night planned or a easy night they get the same..

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

Normally feed meal in around 7 in morning, I've been given a powder off me dad that I've been using that I give around 4 alittle like electrolytes but also contains carbs and protein seems to work wonders. And feed mince after lamping for protein help to repair any small muscle tears might have

Edited by born to run1083
Guest born to run1083

All depends what your feeding i wouldnt feed mine any bone or flesh even 8 hours before going out..

Agree thats why I feed it after lamping also helps them recover better suppose it's like us after a work out high protein is a must to recover and rebuild quicker

Surprised no one else picked up on the red mills racer and minced raw chicken both decent feeds but should never feed cooked and raw at the same time .

Anyway back to topic i dont feed mine until im home If im planning a right long nite ill feed them in the morning but rarely do.