socail nites

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow think this is not going to work....

I would sooner sit down for tea with the taliban lol.

Seriously, I'd pay to listen to Whin. Only met him once. Be better than the telly and something you could tell your grandkids about - the Lothian's answer to Fred Rolfe!!!!! Book in there somewhere!!!

what standard simo ,as long athere no twats asking silly qeustions and poncing of expierenced people at the game im fine with adult conversaition about past ,hunting and true expierences at times

The forum is full of silly questions, just best to take the boards with a pinch of salt and enjoy our own lives, if purusing the boards upsets folk, its time to log off, take the dog for a walk and get some fresh air, tis only the tinterweb :thumbs:

your [bANNED TEXT] just cant a bide them im away shortly to do some nite time work on th e moon , but still will never get round these types of people hence im a fecher at times ,been brought up a mistake can be costly

Seen a good few over the years doing the talks. The old Wigan Club, Merseyside & North Wales used to have at least one yearly, crackin nights too with some great names giving great talks! Now these where club nights, with faces known by all, with interest and respect for each other and the guest speaker.

I've also been to 'open' nights where general tickets where sold, a totaly different atmosphere!

I think in this day and age anything other than a club night would be lunacy for both the speaker and the organiser!!

• Like 3

Listend to some intresting people [bANNED TEXT] the yorkshire falconry club use to have guest speakers every month [bANNED TEXT] they met especialy the fella who had been working for a saudi royal with his peregrine breeding program and a chap who went into the wilds of canada for a week to catch wild falcons.

• Like 1

Seen a good few over the years doing the talks. The old Wigan Club, Merseyside & North Wales used to have at least one yearly, crackin nights too with some great names giving great talks! Now these where club nights, with faces known by all, with interest and respect for each other and the guest speaker.

I've also been to 'open' nights where general tickets where sold, a totaly different atmosphere!

I think in this day and age anything other than a club night would be lunacy for both the speaker and the organiser!!

Aint that the sad truth P!! After the initial post i thought about helping to organise something, but getting members together off here, add a bar and it would be like a human cockfight, the ammount of chest puffing and posturing would put Louis Spence to shame, it would be a farce and as you say, i pity the poor soul who would have to stand in front of many of our members and give an interesting talk, the stress for them would not be imaginable. Which is a great shame as on this board we have men who have walked the walked and can tell a great story but i can just imagine it now in my minds eye "would a grizzly bear be held by a bull cross", "have you tried the parson x deerhound" and more than likely "you once disagreed with me over a thread on pommeranians, can we go outside so i can stab you"...................a non starter

Edited to add Barry Wade gave a small talk at my club 6/7 years ago, amazing atmosphere, only perhaps 25 of us there, very calm, relaxed and friendly. The club also hired a function room for a talk by Geoffrey Burnhill and Harry Millward, another excellent talk and Harry especially was a good chap, had a good chat with him, sadly the charity auction afterwards was a little tense, lots of pissed idiots making false bids (this was for dying children), meant that club officials had to get a little forcefull with the chav messers.....

It certainly would be interesting to say the least but often I find that the ones who have the most to say are often the ones who are least inclined to say it due to the actions of those who have nothing to say but break their necks to announce it to the world.

Maybe if you had a boxing tent outside - any disagreements - shirt and shoes off and lets go.

Aint that the sad truth P!! After the initial post i thought about helping to organise something, but getting members together off here, add a bar and it would be like a human cockfight, the ammount of chest puffing and posturing would put Louis Spence to shame, it would be a farce and as you say, i pity the poor soul who would have to stand in front of many of our members and give an interesting talk, the stress for them would not be imaginable. Which is a great shame as on this board we have men who have walked the walked and can tell a great story but i can just imagine it now in my minds eye "would a grizzly bear be held by a bull cross", "have you tried the parson x deerhound" and more than likely "you once disagreed with me over a thread on pommeranians, can we go outside so i can stab you"...................a non starter

Edited to add Barry Wade gave a small talk at my club 6/7 years ago, amazing atmosphere, only perhaps 25 of us there, very calm, relaxed and friendly. The club also hired a function room for a talk by Geoffrey Burnhill and Harry Millward, another excellent talk and Harry especially was a good chap, had a good chat with him, sadly the charity auction afterwards was a little tense, lots of pissed idiots making false bids (this was for dying children), meant that club officials had to get a little forcefull with the chav messers.....

fook off, 99% a the members on here widnae look ye in the eye in person, tho set it up like a tinterweb cafe an youd see it filled way hardmen arguin over the many keyboards :laugh:

Edited by reddawn

"would a grizzly bear be held by a bull cross", "have you tried the parson x deerhound" and more than likely "you once disagreed with me over a thread on pommeranians, can we go outside so i can stab you"...

That's really funny :laugh: but more that likely true. Which is a bit sad. :icon_redface:

well all the anwers wil get told some day be a good crack ,wether a failure or a sucsses luckly nevr had many failures , if you have aclever understanding of peolle animals and worked in the hard wet building trade with navvies jocks etc sub contracting etc fishermen i dont think hunting life would intimidate you