Is the digging game F*cked??

Right lads,we're all aware of the problems we face from antis ect.But my point is ,year after year it is becoming harder and harder to find foxes to ground.Up here the weather is up+down,and even when we have heavy snow,rain or frost ect,We tend to find them'laying out' Ive spent more days at the rats this year,for the simple fact that the dogs are getting worked.We've spoke of the new generation of fox,i.e new habitat,Breeding times.Are we going to loose,over time, the traditional country fox???And back to the title.Is the Digging game F*cked??clachan Would love to know how things are in other parts of the country.clachan

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right lads,we're all aware of the problems we face from antis ect.But my point is ,year after year it is becoming harder and harder to find foxes to ground.Up here the weather is up+down,and even when

They are still out there ye just gotta look the biggest problem i am having at the minute aint the weather or anti's or rifle men it's fecking tyro terriermen digging earth's and leaving them open and

with all the dogooders and anti twats with out idiots making tv programs were fcked i think within the next 10 years it will be outlawed all together and we will all be after rats as these are the onl

ITS THE MIDNIGHT COWBOYS TAKING THE NUMBERS DOWN OUT IN THE COUNTRY WITH RIFFLE, ANY FOX IS GAME TO THESE GUYS EVEN VIXENS WITH CUBS DOWN. FORTUNATLELY CHARLIE BOYS FOUND EASY PICKING IN THE BUILT UP AREAS. THAY CANT GET THE RIFFLES OUT THERE SO THERE THRIVING AND BECOMING A [PEST] . IME FAIRLY LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO CARY OUT PEST CONTROL ON A FEW LARGE SHOOTS WHERE THE KEEPERS ARE KEEN ON POACHERS WITH RIFFLE OR RUNNER. JMO. ALL THE BEST CLACHAN.....YIS ALLI.

• Like 1

The weather plays a massive part in the amount of foxes to ground . We've had such a mild winter , where i am at we haven't even had a hard frost up until yet this year. Last year I had my first dig in early Sept and we had a cold winter , this year we had 29 degrees heat in Oct and were stuggling to find anything to ground ! If it turns cold we should get the digs!

Here in italy we have fox to ground only a few days in the coldest days of the winter and during cubbing,and of course when they are disturbed by boars hunting. With the global warming even UK will become like this.

Edited by valerio

I haven't noticed a great difference. You dig foxes when the weather is right for it. The more you are out the more success you have. I think that is more important as I have dug foxes in all kinds of weather. Even the days where you think nowt will be to ground. I dug 5 on an estate 3 weeks ago when it was 15 degrees and not a whisper of wind!

No offence clachan, I think you are out a lot, but most of the people I have heard come out with thY go out once in a blue moon and expect to get a dig. Then get dispirited when they don't.

The more you are out the more you get.

and knowing the earths and ground goes a long way to helping success rates.

FTB

• Like 1

I haven't noticed a great difference. You dig foxes when the weather is right for it. The more you are out the more success you have. I think that is more important as I have dug foxes in all kinds of weather. Even the days where you think nowt will be to ground. I dug 5 on an estate 3 weeks ago when it was 15 degrees and not a whisper of wind!

No offence clachan, I think you are out a lot, but most of the people I have heard come out with thY go out once in a blue moon and expect to get a dig. Then get dispirited when they don't.

FTB

very true...

wont find nowt whilst on the internet all the time.

The estate im keeper on is full of fox and also has very thick cover but is also reliable to finding one in the ground no matter what the weather...

FTB

very true...

wont find nowt whilst on the internet all the time.

The estate im keeper on is full of fox and also has very thick cover but is also reliable to finding one in the ground no matter what the weather...

Dont mention that too your boss ffs.............. :laugh: